Bad
Good

I found some of the teachers are not getting back to the parents. They are not offering enough help to the students, not take the 'ownership' of educating the young people. There are a lot of disconnections there. Private schools are much more promising.

I think they try there best to prepare you but the facility is not the best due to the lack of funding. Most of the kids are good but they got their fair share of problems like pregnant teenagers,fights, and bullying. The facilty definitly needs to be improved; you do not even want to deal with some of their teachers. Newark Academy or MKA is a much better choice for a good future.

We moved away for awhile and my kids couldn't wait to get back to West Essex. I am very pleased w/ West Essex, the faculty, and the whole community. They give great positive reinforcment. I wouldn't want my children anywhere else.

This school is filled with problemed kids. Lots of bullying, basic lack of community. I hate having to send my kids to this school, but can afford anything else. I went to school here back in the 70's and early 80's...what a shame.

We have three grandchildren who live in fairfield and two of them attend west essex - one a junior and one in the eight grade, the younger one still attends a fairfield school. My wife and i attend most functions held at the schools that they attend and we are so pleased with west essex, not only for academic reasons (both children are on the honor list) their both involved in every sport available and the girl in music, also very involved in extracular activities. Level of parent involvement - the best - when any school affair going on you better get there early if you want a good seat. We can' say enough about the school, we're so happy that they attend west essex. Sincerely, mr. John balz, grandparent

Last modified West Essex Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.