Bad
Good

Some of my best years were spent at high mountain. Great teachers who really care about their students

I would have been better off if I had slipped into a coma for these four years and woken up in high school. I probably would have learned about the same amount and it would have saved a great deal of frustration.

There are some good teachers but the school is ran very poorly and favoritsim amonh students is cleary displayed by teachers and administration

Last night I went to the open house for the new High Mountain School. The teachers seemed great and very friendly. I am looking forward for the new experience he will encounter. I think it is about time he has fond memories of his school years. Not all negative. The only thing I did not like about the open house was the resourse teacher kept following me around. Like I was going to start something. This is a procedure I wish would stop! After all the parents pay for the school and should feel happy to be there also.

this school has some great teachers however they have poor adminstration I have had numerous promblems with this school

My son thrived at this school. As a newcomer, my son was welcomed right in. No worries about drugs or gangs, these are good kids from good families. No sports program initiated by the school. The community has a childrens sports program, just sign your kid up. My son was able to form healthy lasting relationships with children he went to school with and who lived nearby in the same community. The principal and teachers are awesome. They give of their personal time for struggling students or to meet with parents. We didn't get this much attention when my son was going to a smaller private school. I just wish there were a high school in North Haledon with the same attributes as High Mountain Middle School.

Really liked this school and was challenged by the academics all four years. Teachers are wonderful and its a nice, safe, friendly atmosphere! I agree with the previous post that there really is no diversity....almost all white kids.

Out of all my schooling years, my four years at High Mountain Middle School were the best. The teachers were better than that of my 'publicly acclaimed' high school at DePaul Catholic, and everyone is friendly. If you have the option to send your child here do so, do not seek private education!

Last modified High Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.