9-12 & Ungraded
Nutley, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,279

Posted October 28, 2014
Nutley high school prepared both my children not only for college but for life. Very good college prep program, great sports program and their music program is excellent as well. The atmosphere is friendly and there is a tremendous level of support from parents. There is a high level of pride that contributes to great school spirit.

Posted June 10, 2013
Nutley High School provided me a great foundation before leaving for college. They offered different levels of classes depending upon the progress of the student. There was a high quality grade of teachers in the advanced classes as well.

Posted December 26, 2010
Awesome school, Great teachers and great environment!!! School programs are great! I wish I was there now.

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted July 27, 2007
- a former student
Great school, awesome teachers. Now I'm a student at Princeton, graduated from NHS with the class of 2005. rock on, Nutley!

Posted December 04, 2006
- a former student
I graduated in 2006. Excellent liberal arts education. Physics lab equipment not so great, but some marvelous teachers in sciences. Unfortunately, many of the older, experienced teachers retired in 2006, and at least one more is retiring in 2007. Main art teachers retired and I haven't heard how the art program is now. Good security and generally safe, but students in Nutley seem to be getting more unruly. In any case, a great public school, great times. I recommend seeing how 2007 graduates react...

Posted August 25, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student of Nutley High School and now I am in college. At Nutley High I had wonderful experiences with the teachers and students. I took advantage of their tough courses and took both AP and honors which has helped get me accepted to many colleges. Nutley's grading system is also at the level of a private school which is very impressive. Also a lot of my classmates moved to Nutley to get a better education and they said they liked it much better not only in school but the town itself. I would highly suggest going to Nutley High School.

Posted May 01, 2006

Posted April 12, 2006
- a former student
To much emphasis on sporting events. Some teachers do not make themselves available to the students when increased attention is needed in areas such as math and history.

Posted November 11, 2005
- a former student
Academic ability groupings need to be eliminated to allow for more flexibility for student course selections.

Nutley High School
300 Franklin Ave, Nutley, NJ  07110
Last modified Nutley High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nutley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top