Nutley, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 24, 2014
I transferred my son here from public school and it's the best decision I've made with regards to his education. It's a warm, nurturing environment where discipline is instilled and quality of education is excellent. The teachers, staff and other parents are just great. My son has learned more in 1 week than 1 year that he was in public school. Highly recommended!

Posted September 08, 2014
My school is gsa and i love this school im in it its awesome and its the best school ive ever been too join it right now best school ever in my opinion

Posted September 02, 2014
Good Shepherd Academy is a warm and inviting elementary and middle school with strong Catholic values and an excellence in academics. As a parent of two children at the Academy for more than 7 years, I believe the faculty and administration care deeply for the students and their ability to succeed in and out of the classroom. The teachers are extraordinary. They truly go above and beyond. The kids do very well on standardized tests. My kids also love the extra-curricular activities and athletics with well-rounded sports program as well as various activities the whole family can enjoy. There's also a great sense of camaraderie and support from parents - a strong majority of whom contribute their time, money and skills to keep the school community consistently improving. The school has grown leaps and bounds over the past few years. It is a special place and I highly recommend.

Posted March 13, 2014
This school is run with great love and concern for everyone. They have an excellent academic program and all the teachers are just phenomenal. They challenge the students to excel in academics and as well as being a good Catholic and an even better person. It was worth every penny I gave to this school. As a parent of an alumni, I am very proud and grateful to Good Shepherd Academy for preparing my son very well emotionally, socially, spiritually and academically for high school.

Posted December 12, 2013
My daughter is nine year old. She ENJOYS her school life every day. We are very happy with the school in terms of religious teaching & academic. Teachers are great! They are role models for the children, smart, loving & caring.....we truly believe that her Academic and Christian value will be strong before she goes to high school. Good Shepherd Academy has a lot to offer besides academic. You can check their website and see the current pictures of their activities. www.gsanutley.org

Good Shepherd Academy 3

Posted May 22, 2013
This school was great until they find out your child has special needs or learning disabilities and/or needs special education services--then its get rid of the weakest link. They claim to have support services within the school that will help your child and then its still not good enough so then they recommend he or she be placed elsewhere. Its ridiculous.

Posted April 11, 2013
Through dedicated, professional, and caring teachers, Good Shepherd Academy educates children spiritually, physically, and intellectually with a core curriculum in values based education. My child has been at GSA from Kindergarten and will be graduating 8th grade in June 2013. I know that this was definitely the best possible education that I could have given my child. You will not be disappointed with this wonderful Academy.

Good Shepherd Academy 4

Posted March 27, 2013
My children have had the opportunities to grow, learn and develop into educated, spiritual and intellectual human beings because we were fortunate to be a part of the Holy Family community. My children attended Holy Family Day Nursery School and continue to be enrolled in Good Shepherd Academy. The teachers and staff do a good job to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our children. There are several school activities and a variety of curriculums available such as Sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer and Softball for Grades 4-8), Theatre, Music - Drum & Fife Corp, Spanish, Art, and Science Lab. The only addition I would add to our school would be an honor roll program to challenge our children to strive for their best and be recognized for their hard work. I would recommend GSA to all parents looking for a parochial setting for your child.

Posted March 27, 2013
I have had my child in Good Shepherd Academy of Nutley since pre-K (a seperate building on Franklin Ave., Nutley). She has progressed very nicely, and I give the staff high marks at both the pre-K and the main grammar school locations. I like the curriculum, the teacher interaction with the parents, and the overall facility. I would recommend this school to all parents looking for a parochial school setting for their child.

Good Shepherd Academy 4

Posted March 26, 2013
We have a boy and a girl in GSA and both have been flourishing beautifully. From the SuperKids reading program to the brain blast games, GSA is a place that promotes educational nourishment and personal growth The teachers , staff and families are all like family. Its why we have the term "GSA Life." They offer sports, arts, music, theater but most importantly the teachings of our faith.

Good Shepherd Academy