No rating

Abundant Life Academy

Private | PK-12 | 388 students

Living in Nutley

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $309,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,410.

Posted August 25, 2014

I Don't know why there's a negative comment on this school. I think these are parents who didn't get "their way" and are just not used to equal treatments. This school has great academic programs and great christian values to teach our children. Train up a child in the way he should go and when he gets old, he will never depart from it. The principal, Mr Keubler is so nice and he's always checking up on every aspect of this school. The kids are wonderful and respectful. I don't regret sending my son here. They are at school for a greater part of their day and it's important that they spend it in an environment where kids are taught about God's love and are learning great academics at the same time.

Posted January 16, 2014

Imagine my surprise putting my children in public school to fine even more loving staff, freedom for students and parents to walk the halls and visit even unannounced, yet theres still order and high security with police undercover and cameras monitoring the halls more secure than ALA only parents arent treated like we're visiting a prison! in the school. Children come home even happier thsn ever. The curriculum is more vigorous and challenging than at ALA. my child was Honor roll to be struggling in the beginning of the year bc ALA was NOT what they claimed to be! I thought it was just me but several other parents who transferred out said same I urge parents to prayerfully read their covenant they signed bc Is your child worth the drama and headache of keeping that pathetic contract to pay them for substandard education

Posted January 7, 2014

This school is ok. Yes, its great they are learning about the Lord and biblical principles but I have found that the office staff is not so pleasant at times and on different occasions have found them to be very unorganized. I hear the administrative staff has changed from last year. I remember calling before enrolling my child and everyone was much more pleasant and informative. I recommend other parents to wait until Kindergarden or 1st grade to enroll their child. I have not see the benefit of having my child here versus a regular daycare. Seems like they follow a schedule for all the grades and most of the time my child doesn't get to finish eating cause they have to stay on schedule. How do you rush a 3 year old to eat? My child comes crying because he/she is starving. Although the school safety seems great, they go on lock down after 08:30, the parents get treated like strangers when picking up their child, we aren't allowed to go inside, we are forced to stay in the hall, its ok for older kids but not 3 year olds. I'm not sure if I will be keeping my child here for next year. I have to stay for the remaining of the year since I signed a contract. won't be staying here.

Posted October 29, 2013

As a parent that was hesitant to send her 4 year old daughter to school for the first time.. I am so grateful that I chose ALA!! Not only as she is being taught spiritual principal but also the education have so far exceeded my expectation. My daughter enjoys school and looks forward to going everyday (even on weekends). Every morning when I drop her off she is greeted by her name with lovely staff. I am a proud parent of ALA and blessed that she has two wonderful teachers (Mrs. Cruz & Ms. Soria). If you're looking for a school with Moral, Spiritual and High Standard Education then, ALA would be my recommendation!

Posted September 30, 2013

The education and spiritual principles are fantastic. But I'm i totally supporting the previous parent review regarding administrative staff. I'm very glad that staff as Maria (school secretary) is Not longer part of the staff. She was too unkind to parents and kids. The next one to leave should be Mrs. kuebler. She have not learned anything from her husband which is fantastic kind person.

Posted September 22, 2012

Excellent teachers...Good participation with parents involvement. A very good school to send your children for learning & spiritual growth.

Posted September 4, 2012

EXCELLENT SCHOOL! FROM THE PRINCIPAL TO THE VERY LAST POSITION, WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I LOVE THEM ALL. GOD IN HIS MERCY WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS THIS SCHOOL.

Posted February 4, 2011

Abundant Life Academy has been a complete Blessing to my son's life. The teachers are wonderful, the level of education is excellent and I couldn't be happier. This is my son's first year here after moving to the area, he is in 8th grade and he loves it too. The only negative is I feel they don't have enough activities as far as baseball, instruments ect.. but for the lack of that we have the blessings of a GOD centered school and that is what is most important!! You will not be disappointed with this school at all.

Posted April 21, 2010

The teachers love the students, the teachers come in every day at 7am to pray for the students, the students are doing work that other students in higher grades in other schools do, the curriculum is very advanced and the cost per pupil for tuiton is very low and the building is very safe.

Posted April 18, 2010

definitely a family and friend based school truly with God in their hearts

Posted September 14, 2009

The principal is a blessing. The teachers are awesome. The interaction between parents and teachers is excellent. My kids and I love this school.

Posted May 5, 2009

Abundant Life Academy has a great structured curriculum. The principal is the best. Wonderful Christian education.

Posted October 29, 2008

The education and discipline that the school provides to our children is excellent.

Posted May 17, 2007

This school is an absolute blessing! I can't begin to say enough about this school. The teachers, aides & staff are all wonderful. The level of education is exceptional. They not only teach our children but they truly love them and with Christ at the center of it all our children are also being taught about the love of Jesus in themselves and how they need to show that to others. The 'Law of Kindness' is always in place. My son has been here since K4. He is currently in 5th grade. My daughter, will also attend when she is old enough. I truly believe that the financial sacrifice is well worth it. What the children receive in return is priceless.

Posted November 10, 2006

All I will say is AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

Posted November 13, 2005

I believe my child has received a high quality of education, our neighbor goes to a public school in Clifton, the neighbor is in one grade above my child. My child is able to help or do the other childs work, wow! I also love how the older kids are taught to be kind and helpful towards the little ones, the older kids set a good example for the little ones, Lastly it's great to know the pricipal and VP are know so many kids by name and they stop to talk to and encourage the kids.

Posted August 15, 2005

Abundant Life Academy is a wonderful school. It is a Kingdom school built on God's values and encourages academic excellence on children. They have various activities throughout the year that allows students and parents to participate together. Their best activity is the Kindness challenge wherein the students are asked to earn points by doing acts of kindness. The points are earned to reach a goal and once the goal is reached the whole school has a pizza party. The kindness principle is brought about by being kind out of having Jesus in your heart. It is the effort of the whole community. The school has a level from K3 to High School and this mix turns out good since you would see High School students being role models for the younger kids.

Posted May 20, 2004

My daughter has been in this school from K-4 until presently second grade. The school is fantastic. It has a warm, Christian atmosphere and the facilities are absolutely gorgeous and top notch. My son also attends ALA. The faculty is excellent and the children receive individual attention. I've visited other private and public schools and they don't compare to ALA. The tuition is very reasonable and the atmosphere is phenomenal.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Pentecostal
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

390 Washington Avenue