Ungraded
Nutley, NJ

Posted December 04, 2014
Teachers seem rude to students. Teachers and aides don't seem to be up to the standard of intelligenceintelligence needed for this type of work. Not a great environment for Student development. High nepotism Going on. Just an all around negative environment to be around.

Posted March 15, 2014
Terrible terrible school. If the child is not up to the way they want him or she to be that child is thrown in a padded room called the ALE. The teachers do not cooperate with other teacher from outside the school and lie to you all the. Every one there lies. We have caught them in many. Would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 15, 2013
The Phoenix Center is a near-fraudulent operation. The students are given worksheets all day and have virtually no instruction. The special ed teachers are apparently hired based on their appearance and connections to other faculty members, and they are rarely nice to the students. I'm glad a few students have succeeded here, but they are the exception.

The Phoenix Center 5

Posted December 15, 2008
The Phoenix Center is an outstanding school for students with a wide range of special needs. The staff are highly qualified, enthusiastic, and passionate about their work. The programs help kids achieve higher levels academically while also teaching real life skills and job readiness. My daughter has made enormous progress in a short period of time, and feels positively about school and herself for the first time in years.

The Phoenix Center 0

Posted May 08, 2008
We love the Phoenix Center! My son has made SO much progress. The staff is wonderful and if you have any problem or concern, administration jumps right in to help you. I wouldn't change it for anything. My son bounced from school to school, but he's been there for 4 years and we LOVE it!

Posted August 17, 2006
It is with great regret that I write this. My son was accepted at the Phoenix Center with a very specific IEP which the Phoenix Center School refused to follow. When you choose a school for your child make sure the placement reads your childs IEP in full, cover to cover, so when the child starts there there is no question(s) of what is expected. They did not do this for our child until 6 months later and then decided they could not fulfill the needs of our son. I would not recommend this school for children on the Autism Spectrum.

The Phoenix Center 5

Posted June 17, 2005
The phoenix center is a great school for children with special need. My son has attend the school for 7years. anybody that work with a child with special need and have the patience are true teachers, they have a great academic program.

The Phoenix Center