K-5 & Ungraded
Old Bridge, NJ

Posted July 12, 2011
Oh how we are going to miss Dr. Hoeker as she moves on to another elementary school. Our school was recognized nationally for character education. This school is completely bully-free. My daughter was struggling with her studies. The attention she received from the teachers and principal to bring her up to speed is unheard of in other districts. You don't have to beg for help....they come to you. They want your kid to succeed. A great school with a caring staff. They really want the kids to thrive! I love this school and am fortunate my kids get the opportunity to get a great education here. Also, parent involvement is very high at this school. I just can't say enough!

Posted June 16, 2011
The entire school, from Dr Hoeker to every teacher my son were fantastic. Devoted to helping our son learn and achieve goals. We are very fortunate to have this school in our education system.

Posted May 07, 2010
Our school promotes character education. The six pillars of charcter are used on a daily basis at our school by if not all but most of our students. We have great teachers, principal staff and students who are dedicated and deserve only the best.

Posted November 20, 2009

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted October 28, 2008
Shepard is a wonderful school with great teachers and a principal that has the kids best interests at heart. I couldn't disagree more about the last remarks made about the principal. Does she run a tight ship & play by the rules? Yes. Are there some parents that don't like that? Yes. But when you know that she is doing everything in her power to keep our children safe and striving to be their best, isn't that what matters the most? The Character Counts program is key to everything that happens in the school & this year they are focusing on self-esteem. In the less than 2 months we've been in school you can see a marked difference in the students. The teachers are very involved as well and are very enthusiastic! I know my child is getting the best education possible at Shepard!

Alan B. Shepard Elementary School 3

Posted October 06, 2008
I'm pleased with the schools' cleanliness & safety. However, I disagree with the assessment that the principal is approachable. I find her to be quite snobbie & aloof.

Posted June 25, 2008
The Principal of this school is very involved and is very approachable which makes for great openness in childs education. Most of the teachers go out of their way to extend help and answer questions/concerns. School has a terrific atmosphere that really gets the kids motivated. Academically , I am very pleased with the approach taken by the staff to teach all that the State of NJ demands with the amount of kids in some classes they do an excellent job!

Posted April 24, 2006
Academic programs are very good if your child can learn in that way. New programs have proved better success with test scores and how children learn differently in today's world. Musical instruments start in 4 and 5th grade and art is a nice program, children learn many different things with patterns, color schemes and 3-D and nice projects. Many parents are involved in the school on a day-to day basis.

Alan B. Shepard Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2003
Alan B. Shepard is an intimate environment where each student and their family is treated in a warm and respectful way. Students and their parents are generally known by all the staff and faculty personally. The school is presently undergoing renovations which will increase the size by approximately 50%. We look forward to an enhanced program that may afford our children with some diversity with the increase in size.

Alan B. Shepard Elementary School
33 Bushnell Rd, Old Bridge, NJ  08857
Last modified Alan B. Shepard Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alan B. Shepard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top