Bad
Good

M. Scott Carpenter Elementary School 2

Posted July 15, 2014
My child is now entering 5th grade. The teachers are very nice but do not challenge the students. The expectations are too low and do not meet common core standards. The school needs to start implementing common core standards in all subjects like the other surrounding districts are doing. Old bridge schools are falling behind.

M. Scott Carpenter Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2014
My son is in 3rd going to 4th grade. I am very happy with this school. He loves it there and as a parent I have never had a problem. The teachers are great and are very dedicated. My son is pretty much a straight A student. I would give a five star but often times I wonder if he could be a bit more challenged. He is very smart and I feel that he doesn't get enough homework. I don't want him to be overwhelmed but I believe he could handle more work. Other than that, I have NO complaints. :)

Posted August 03, 2013
A year and a half ago, my daughter suffered a serious illness that required an extensive hospital stay. My son's teacher knew that he was going to the hospital to visit right after school on a daily basis. To help alleviate the pressure on us, she would have lunch with my son and help him complete his homework. Also, my son's 9th birthday happened to be the first week my daughter was hospitalized. Several teachers came to the hospital with a cake and presents to help us celebrate. It was the most difficult time in our lives, but we were blessed and comforted by the fact that our son had the full support of his school. This goes way beyond academics. This shows the importance of supporting all of a child's needs. The families from our school all pitched in to help us with meals and expenses. M. Scott Carpenter is so much more than a school-it is a family.

M. Scott Carpenter Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2013
The school is the worst of in the area stuck up teachers.gossips and intrigues.a lot of verbal abuse between students.keep your kids away unless you want them ens up on rydlon

Posted September 27, 2009
This is the best school in Old Bridge. The all of the staff are awesome. They all treat the children like their own. Their professionalism is unsurpassed by any other. The administrators are the best, they know everything that is happening in their school and the district. The PTA is fantastic, they all care so much for the students. I would not send my children anyplace else!

Posted February 18, 2008
the teachers are amazing . hey are kind and will go to the end of the earth for the kids education. The school is like one big family . And the teachers teaching skill surpasses any other . Carpenter is the right choice!

M. Scott Carpenter Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2006
They have great principal. The teachers are knowledgeable, but not enough challenges for gifted/talented students. Instrumental music is taught in 5th grade.

M. Scott Carpenter Elementary School
One Par Ave, Old Bridge, NJ  08857
Last modified M. Scott Carpenter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.