K-5 & Ungraded
Old Bridge, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 24, 2013
We love Southwood! Great teachers, principal and PTA. Looking forward to my children going there the next des years.

Posted October 23, 2013
I love our school they have done amazing things the past two years. Fundraising, family nights, teachers really care about students education. They work with you according to your childs learning. Teacher web sites, parent portal. Honeywell system calls to remind parents od school functions and emergency closing. Super involved PTA and principal that really cares about students learning.

Posted October 23, 2013
Southwood Elementary School is fabulous. From the principal, teachers, nurse and all other staff members to the cirriculum and experience for your children they are all amazing! I am very impressed!! We are very happy here and I am glad my children get to be part of the Southwood family. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have children in southwood elementary in grades K, 1 & 4. The environment is friendly and cooperative and teachers are always to willing to work with me to suit my childs needs.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have been at Southwood for 10 years with all of my children who attended and still are attending. It is a great school to be proud of. We have great teachers and the principal we have now is really doing things to improve the school and the curriculum as well as striving to improve the environment around them. We have a fantastic and hard working PTA who is very involved and provides many things and opportunities for the children. It is a school I would recommend to anyone.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have had wonderful teachers so far and my child has loved everyday at school. Teachers are very good with communication and we take advantage of pta activities. Also we are all making wonderful friends.

Southwood Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
it was my school as a child and now my children go there. Great teachers, great programs, great PTA

Posted October 16, 2008

Southwood Elementary School 0

Posted November 27, 2007
I am a Parent of 3 children , one graduated last yr and I have a Kindergartener & 4th grader. I find the new principal very involved and caring, I love the faculty and find them very helpful in helping with problems academicly. My children are good students, but have area's that need help...They have always adressed the area's and cared for the childrens education with care and patience. I give Southwood a 9 out of 10 stars.Extra curicular activies lack, other than that I think the are doing a fantastic job.

Southwood Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2007
This academic focus is primarily on the average student. This school lacks in helping students that fall below or above the norm. For students who are above the norm the assistance is minimal and at times diluted. A strong focus is spent on standardized testing. There is little tolerance and encouragement for divergent thinkers. Students are not encouraged nor taught how to become self taught learners. Assignments are repetitive and lack analysis of students true development. I find that administrators and teachers dismiss parents concerns of academic success. Discipline is instituted without a proper thought as to the goal or purpose.

Southwood Elementary School
64 Southwood Dr, Old Bridge, NJ  08857
Last modified Southwood Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top