Old Bridge, NJ
Before care: Yes

St. Ambrose School 2

Posted April 24, 2014
There is nothing about this school which makes it seem exceptional, especially for the price of tuition. The teachers are mediocre to average. I have a daughter in first grade and some of the information in the assingments are not even accurate. The class sizes are extremely small and still teachers cannot answer specific questions about their own students.

Posted March 21, 2014
I have 2 children enrolled in St. Ambrose and a third on his way when he's old enough. I live in Old Bridge and have visited with the Catholic schools in my neighborhood as well as the surrounding neighborhoods. I decided to go with St. Ambrose because they were the warmest and most impressionable school to me and my husband. Meeting with the principal and the teachers my children would have sealed the deal for me. Compared to fellow neighbors that send their children to another Catholic school and some who use public schools, I can see that my children are much more advanced. I think the people that wrote negative comments are either bitter parents OR people just commenting from surrounding schools to make our school sound bad. If you are a concerned parent, then take the time to meet with the principal to discuss your concerns and you will be pleasantly surprised to see those are just plain untrue posts. Your choices you make will only make sense to you and that's all that matters. As far as myself, my husband and my children...we are happy with our choice.

St. Ambrose School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
What a joke, don't waist your money. I am so glad we have moved on. Some of the teachers need to watch how they treat the kids.

Posted August 26, 2013
the opportunity here is wonderful for the kids growth and potential. i highly reccommend this school

Posted June 19, 2013
I am very excited about all of the positive changes that have taken place over this past school year. The new principal is a breath of fresh air! So many new ideas - he is extremely hard working and looking out for the best interests of all of the students. If you have a good idea on how things can be improved he is all ears. The teachers have remained the same - caring, dedicated, educators who will do everything in their power to help your child be successful!

Posted June 03, 2013
My son has been attending St. Ambrose for the past 3 years. The teachers are committed and caring. I have been very impressed by the academic curriculum . There are multiple sports and after school clubs to take part in from Kindergarten on up to 8th grade. My son really enjoys attending St. Ambrose and there is a true sense of community there.

Posted June 02, 2013
St. Ambrose school has been a wonderful experience for my children. I have three children attending this school and each learns very differently. One of the most impressive things about this school is the quality, patience and care of the teachers for every student. They strive to make sure every child succeeds, academically, socially, and spiritually. I am very happy to recommend this school to any parent interested in giving their child a full, well-rounded education and great school experience.

Posted May 29, 2013
My son attended St. Ambrose for Pre-K through eighth grade and went on to attend both an outstanding Catholic high school and Catholic college. Despite a diagnosis of "visual perception impairment," my son was nurtured and very successfully educated in a caring Christian environment by excellent teachers. The faculty of St. Ambrose is top notch and, under new guidance and leadership, the school will only improve on its already impressive record of turning out young men and women who are more than ready to conquer higher education and contribute to their communities. My child was safe, happy, and well-educated at St. Ambrose and yours will be, too.

St. Ambrose School 4

Posted May 02, 2013
As a former student, I believe I can give a realistic view of St. Ambrose. First off, the situation with the bullying is in no part the faculty's fault, it is the students; they're kids, they do whatever it takes to be popular, and yes the mothers are much worse than the kids. In the arts, the choir is great, the instrumentals are great, as were the plays when I was there. The art program is good, yet kids just never seem to have a huge interest in it. The music class however, is awful; it is more of a religion class than it is music and all I learned from it was the 7 composers. Religiously the school is strong; the classes are good, but the mass programs that we had to do were just terrible. In science we certainly learned and the teacher tried to make it interesting, she was just a little much though. History was the best, a teacher with a passion for teaching who was so under appreciated though. English and reading were great, they picked interesting books and I actually enjoyed reading, the writing was well instructed too. Spanish was the best it could be, I had it twice a week and the info taken helped a lot in high school. The gym program was repetitive, but fun anyway.

St. Ambrose School 4

Posted February 09, 2013
Bullying is not tolerated. St. Ambrose is a great school, but it is definitely not a miracle maker. The principal deals quickly on any report of bullying, and there are definitely consequences to the behavior. However, you have to remember that the school did not create the bully. That began at home probably because some parents are very reluctant to discipline their own children.

St. Ambrose School