9-12 & Ungraded
Orange, NJ

Orange High School 4

Posted June 05, 2014
As with all urban school districts officials face problems that reflect the problems in our society. It is easy to blame the school but there are things that are out of the control of the administration. That is not to say that things cannot be improved. However, I would not be the person I am today without the teachers in this school that believed and supported me in all my endeavors. I can proudly say I am a product of Orange High School and that it is possible to be successful. This school built my character and encouraged me to grow up and be a young adult and for those reasons I can say I will be a PhD student at NYU in the coming year. Again it is easy to look at the negatives that plague our urban schools but what is harder is to see the diamond in the rough.

Posted May 04, 2010

Orange High School 2

Posted November 25, 2009
I went here for summer coarse i attend a privatte high school but i truly believe that this schoo had teachers hat care and others that do not. I believe ths school is a good its just htat some not all of the students want to learn and tha is the problem. As a senior in high school i believe that you can give the person the tools for the job its is just up to them if they want to use it . The school needs some order as well.

Orange High School 2

Posted May 31, 2009
This school is pretty bad. There is really no type of order from the administration, they seem to not be able to handle students very well. Although there are some great teachers in this school who can help you achieve what you want, the motivation of the most students is very low. No one really tries hard for their grades. They slack off most of the time. The so called security guards do not encourage(to go to class) or discipline students who roam the hall during class. Overall, the teachers are great but the overall school is bad. I do not recommend anyone to attend this school.

Orange High School 5

Posted September 25, 2008
Its a average school that has man oppurtunities that students should take advantage of. I Suggest this school the Best!

Posted July 01, 2008

Posted February 22, 2008
I'm a former student of this high school. I strongly believe that my academic life suffered greatly from being a product of this school district. If you are a parent with a child in this school district, I suggest you get them out now before they are corrupted by a culture for the perpetuation of poverty and against education. From what I've heard it has only gotten worse since I graduated in 2007.

Orange High School 3

Posted January 05, 2008
Orange High is not as bad as people make it seem. It has gotten better over the years. Its just like any other school with active students and great teachers. Many of us are performers. We engage ourselves in different extracurricular activities and we still manage to keep our grades up while balancing school and fun.

Orange High School 4

Posted August 14, 2007

Orange High School 3

Posted January 21, 2007
Teachers at OHS are highly qualified, but the change-over rate is also high. Teachers, supervisors, and administrators change usuually after five years of service. Urban public education is always a challenge everywhere, so statistics will usually show the negative side of things for OHS, however, the opportunities that students receive in spite of their lack of motivation are far higher. On the other hand changing supervisors means the greatest amount of disruption for students and patterns of success over years. OHS should try to maintain key procedural trends between supervisors, not change entire systems of thinking and process -- keep alive what worked well in the past; don't throw out everything that prior supervisors worked so hard for for decades while they were present. Politics become debilitating for the school, rather than organically helpful when the trickle-down ways of changing affective practices in supervisory positions directly affects teachers and students.

Orange High School
400 Lincoln Ave, Orange, NJ  07050
Last modified Orange High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top