Palisades Park, NJ

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 02, 2015
I was losing hope with the old ways of the past administration and was seriously looking into new schools until my prayers were answered when the new principal arrived. He is has breathed new life into this school. My child now loves going to school. The teachers are wonderful and the curriculum is exceptional! I am so proud to say my child is a student at Notre Dame Academy.

Posted July 02, 2015
I could go on and on about how Notre Dame has transformed, but to begin with a word- phenomenal. I speak from experience- as a graduate from ’94 and family graduates from ’98 to ’11 (then Notre Dame Interparochial), the school has more than evolved - it has reinvented itself to present day future blue ribbon status. After going to Holy Angels Academy, Fairfield University, and acquiring 2 Masters in educational supervision and administration- it all started from where it begins again for me- Notre Dame. V In my present day life I’m so excited to say that I’m now a 2 year Notre Dame Academy parent of a soon to be Kindergarten student. There have been leaps and bounds made within in the school over the years. To start, the administration and faculty is bar none. They are approachable, intelligent, and foster such a love for education and growing strong future members of society. They are involved in continual professional development and learning new techniques in education. The school itself is wonderfully maintained and enriched with state of the art technology, and it’s inviting for parents/family to get involved- hence why I know so much of the going ons there. Parents are informed, connected, and involved in their child’s educational world.

Posted July 02, 2015
New Administration has made a huge difference in this school. My child is happy to go to school every day. No school is perfect but I feel very confident that this one just keeps getting better

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 02, 2015
Some parents might complain that homework is too much. I know on the days we get back from work, we don't really want to spend the evening helping our kids to do the homework. However, no great accomplishment has been done with little work. It also ensures that children keep up with the curriculum. I rather my child spend an evening doing homework than watching TV and learning nothing. The bigger issue with homework is when the students are at it alone. So by serving as a support, children don't spend so much time working on one problem. Don't be the homework doer, but by letting the child know that you are there for them, it would surely cut the time spend doing homework.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 02, 2015
So far every teacher that my daughter has had is a super star. They are so caring, friendly, professional and knowledgeable.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 02, 2015
As a catholic school developing compassion, caring and empathy are the most important qualities. Children at Notre Dame are encourage to help others. They are taught to care and volunteer, to donate and to provide support for those in need. I am very proud to say that my child is growing in an environment at school and at home that promotes love for humanity.

Posted July 02, 2015
My daughters started going to Notre Dame this past school year 2014-2015, they were in K and 2nd grade and I love this school. I moved to the area just recently and my daughters were going to another private Catholic school. I have really enjoyed seeing them grow and living the values of the catholic faith they didn’t seem to be as proactively involved before as they are now. The school provides ample opportunity for the parents to be involved by holding events outside school/working hrs, which allows working parents to attend most of the actives and interact with the staff, other parents, and your child’s friends. This was a problem for me at the school they were attending before. My daughter’s teachers were excellent, my oldest daughter was having some issues grasping some math concepts and the teacher provided her/me with plenty recommendations of outside games to help drive the message and encourage learning. My daughters are very happy and really like the school. They never want to miss any of the events and want to be involved in everything.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 02, 2015
Honesty, integrity and fairness are the core principles of Notre Dame. Students work together in various projects and the teachers and staff make sure that all children are given the same kind and fair treatment.

Posted July 02, 2015
This school isn't just a school. It is an extension of family. No matter who you are-you're accepted and welcomed and feel comfortable! Mr. Valvano is a breath of fresh air and the entire school feels it! Notre Dame is a vibrant community with an excellent education and religious education.

Posted July 02, 2015
My daughter has been attending Notre Dame since Prek-4. She absolutely loves this school and so do we. The public school in my neighborhood is overcrowded with a very high student to teacher ratio. Notre Dame is a smaller school with a big family feel. I strongly feel that students get a better education when there are opportunities for more small groups, or one-on-one activities. The safety of the students highly important for us and so far I can say with confidence that the Notre Dame staff take safety very seriously. So far the curriculum has been top notch. Students are being challenged to think outside the box, but in a very positive way. We have also noticed that the curriculum given to our child, has been of much higher quality than similar curriculum in other towns. Overall, we are very happy with the school and with the new administration, it looks like the quality of the school is rising even more.

312 1st Street, Palisades Park, NJ  07650
Last modified Notre Dame Interparochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Notre Dame Interparochial School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 80 reviews. Top