PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)

Notre Dame Interparochial School 3

Posted January 27, 2016
Not quite sure why my review was taken off the site but am posting it again. I would urge anyone who is looking at this Catholic School or any Catholic School (regardless of what grade level) to ask about the 8th grade Coop scores. Unfortunately, this school does not properly prepare students for the Coop and this has been an issue for quite some time. To be told that the Coop is a small picture of the high school process is just not true. Merit scholarships, honors classes at some schools, etc. are all determined by the Coop test. Also, the teachers at Notre Dame (specifically the younger ones) are too concerned with being friends with parents and students. Even after they were told this year that teachers can no longer follow children on social media sites, the teachers deleted their Facebook pages yet remained friends with them on Instagram, Twitter, etc. Pictures of teachers out with parents and students on the weekends are a norm and it is those children that get special treatment from certain teachers. How does a student whose family’s summer vacations cost more than some parents make annually be awarded a need-based scholarship for high school? There needs to be less socializing, better academics and bringing back the former Parochial Vicar (new one is horrendous) would be a tremendous start to turning this school around.

Notre Dame Interparochial School 3

Posted January 07, 2016
My daughter will be going to the “middle school” next year. The problem I find is that by the time they go to the middle school they are already settled, have friends, etc. and do not want to leave. I think it is very difficult to move children in the sixth, seventh, eighth grade. I find it odd that both last year’s eighth grade class and this year’s eighth grade class had/are having issues. I am assuming it is children becoming teenagers but am becoming concerned about my daughter’s class. Any type of bullying should not be tolerated under any circumstances. I am also curious to see how this year’s eighth grade class does with the COOP and scholarships. There was only one student last year who received a merit scholarship (not financial aid) and that was the student who was always in Kumon. That is a very big concern for many of us who have students entering the middle school.

Notre Dame Interparochial School 5

Posted August 04, 2015
I am proud to say I am a parent of Notre Dame students. From the moment you drop off your kids at school, you are greeted by a principal that shows a high level of professionalism.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 04, 2015
The teachers are amazing, they interact with every child. they have a love for teaching and care for all the students. The staff is dedicated to an excellent academic program and quality catholic education. While my children are challenged academically on a daily basis they still enjoy going to school and learning!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 30, 2015
We have no problem with the amount of homework our children are given. The parents have a bigger problem with the homework than the children.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 30, 2015
Although I believe that the school tries to develop these characteristics, too much parent involvement stands in the way.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2015
Having had nieces and nephews and my own child graduate from Notre Dame, I can say they have all been excellently prepared for high school. I once watched a TedTalks segment on grit and was amazed that the definition described my own child. Well the question was; how do you get it? What is the key? My answer is, you send your child to a school like Notre Dame.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 06, 2015
As in all schools, there are good and bad teachers. Some are better than others. My children are not yet in the “middle school” and we are hoping that Mr. Valvano can fix the issues in the upper grades before my children are there as that seems to be the area that needs the most improvement. However, I would agree that there are a FEW teachers whose social media pages are not appropriate. It is hypercritical of me to expect teachers not to be on social media as it is the way of today. We do strongly agree that they should not be allowed to friend students on any social media site. I believe as a teacher you have to be more diligent when posting. We, along with many parents, saw the videos and pictures of this years’ last day of school celebration and again my husband and I cannot understand why teachers do not make sure that their videos and pictures are marked private or why they would allow others to post things with them in it. We are torn as to whether this should be the responsibility of the administration. We find it upsetting that the teachers do not realize themselves what is and is not appropriate to post. I will reiterate that it is only a few teachers/special teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 06, 2015
Some parents are always going to complain about homework and summer work. I do not have any problems with the amounts of homework either of my children receive.

Notre Dame Interparochial School 5

Posted July 06, 2015
My daughter is going into the 6th grade and has been at this school since 2007 Pre-K 3. We are extremely happy with Principal Valvano as well as all of the teachers in the school. He is very approachable and always willing to listen to new ideas and has brought more religion back into the school. You will be very happy sending your children to Notre Dame Academy!!!

312 1st Street, Palisades Park, NJ  07650
Last modified Notre Dame Interparochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8