Palisades Park, NJ

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 30, 2015
I would hope that the administration sees this website and takes comments seriously. We definitely agree with the comments made about the teachers and social media. Not appropriate at all! We cannot believe that a student will post a picture and a teacher will comment that the child is stunning or gorgeous but another student will post a picture and the teacher will not say anything. Doesn't the teacher realize that if they are going to comment on one picture, they should comment on all? How do they think that makes the child that they didn't comment on feel? Although not fair on our part, we really don't want out children seeing pictures of teachers in bars every weekend smoking and drinking. Again, not fair and holding teachers to a different standard but how my husband and I feel.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 30, 2015
We have no problem with the amount of homework our children are given. The parents have a bigger problem with the homework than the children.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 30, 2015
Although I believe that the school tries to develop these characteristics, too much parent involvement stands in the way.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2015
Having had nieces and nephews and my own child graduate from Notre Dame, I can say they have all been excellently prepared for high school. I once watched a TedTalks segment on grit and was amazed that the definition described my own child. Well the question was; how do you get it? What is the key? My answer is, you send your child to a school like Notre Dame.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 06, 2015
As in all schools, there are good and bad teachers. Some are better than others. My children are not yet in the “middle school” and we are hoping that Mr. Valvano can fix the issues in the upper grades before my children are there as that seems to be the area that needs the most improvement. However, I would agree that there are a FEW teachers whose social media pages are not appropriate. It is hypercritical of me to expect teachers not to be on social media as it is the way of today. We do strongly agree that they should not be allowed to friend students on any social media site. I believe as a teacher you have to be more diligent when posting. We, along with many parents, saw the videos and pictures of this years’ last day of school celebration and again my husband and I cannot understand why teachers do not make sure that their videos and pictures are marked private or why they would allow others to post things with them in it. We are torn as to whether this should be the responsibility of the administration. We find it upsetting that the teachers do not realize themselves what is and is not appropriate to post. I will reiterate that it is only a few teachers/special teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 06, 2015
Some parents are always going to complain about homework and summer work. I do not have any problems with the amounts of homework either of my children receive.

Notre Dame Interparochial School 3

Posted July 06, 2015
Would hope that the school can obtain blue ribbon status as that would be the next logical step to its success.

Notre Dame Interparochial School 5

Posted July 06, 2015
My daughter is going into the 6th grade and has been at this school since 2007 Pre-K 3. We are extremely happy with Principal Valvano as well as all of the teachers in the school. He is very approachable and always willing to listen to new ideas and has brought more religion back into the school. You will be very happy sending your children to Notre Dame Academy!!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 05, 2015
The school fosters a real sense of self reflection of all its students. Every month they offer a new strength for the whole school to focus on and the teachers really take it further by promoting activities that help the children understand the importance of these traits. In a time when schools only discuss how to avoid being bullied, Notre Dame has made it a point to teach the kids how to be good people.

Notre Dame Interparochial School 5

Posted July 05, 2015
When we first inquired to admit our first child to Notre Dame, there was a waiting list. We had high expectations going in, and for the most part they were met. Through some changes in administration, there were times we thought about changing also, but we stayed, and each change actually made Notre Dame improve. We have finally arrived at our current new principal, and we know we made the best choice to keep sending all of our children here. He is amazing. My kids love him and are excited to get to school everyday. He has made a real difference in the teachers also, I think they work their best when they feel supported. I can't recommend this school enough. It just keeps getting better!

312 1st Street, Palisades Park, NJ  07650
Last modified Notre Dame Interparochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Notre Dame Interparochial School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 106 reviews. Top