PK-1 & Ungraded
Palisades Park, NJ

Cr Smith Early Child Center 3

Posted February 19, 2014
To follow up my previous posting back in September 5, 2013, ECC school communication has been improved a lot. I should say excellent. My husband and I got calls, text and emails for snow days/delayed openings. Multiple calls/texts/emails didn't bother us at all. Great job! Also I am very happy with my kid's teachers.

Cr Smith Early Child Center 4

Posted October 02, 2013
My older son attended ECC and now my little guy in in 1st grade. His kindergarden teacher, Ms. Carbon was AMAZING!!! Truly loved her job and showed it. And now in first grade, he has a good teacher, she's just a little shyer and has a differant way. W/that said, both teachers have been good to my kids. Communication is good in regards, of getting little notes in his notebook & if need for them to call me, they are good about that. I have to agree, the older woman on the phone, isnt the most pleasant, and this year, I didnt get his first day letter, a day before school stated. Luickly, his kindergarden teacher added the website, to view in the summer for supplies, so I already knew what to get. Overall, its a nice enviroment and w/need of improvements in the Music/Art department.

Posted July 08, 2010
This school, the Early Childhood Center ( ECC ), is in a new building (~4 years old) and the facility is great although there is no A/C in the classroom. They have recently installed Smart Board and integrated many classroom materials into it. Kids love it, and it draws kids attentions, and most importantly it is very time effective. Faculty members are very professional and friendly. I believe the curriculum is very advanced and the school offers ESL classes, which is very nice. The ECC covers Kindergarten and the first grade, and kids go to the elementary school from the second grade. The ECC provides a nice transition from a small class environment to a bigger class room environment.

Posted March 03, 2009
The Charles R. Smith ECC provides a wonderful learning environment for the students. The administration, teachers, and staff are knowledgeable and welcoming. The school climate is positive. The hallways and classrooms are print rich environments that are nicely decorated with student work. My daughter has been at the school since Kindergarten and she is doing very well. We will miss the ECC next year when she moves on to second grade. L. Perez

Posted September 10, 2008
This is an amazing school. The ECC has amazing teachers and ancillary staff. They provide a fantastic education for children. My daughter had trouble with speech. She is provided a speech therapist that deals with children specifically. Today my 4 year old won't stop talking! The therapy has also cut down on her tantrums. She absolutely loves going to school. She loves her teacher and the art program. This school provides the perfect balance of learning and fun. If it were not for the amazing people at this school, I don't know where we would have done. Dr. G

Cr Smith Early Child Center 0

Posted August 28, 2008
Compared to early childhood centers in Bergen County this school had to be the worst. The physical appearance is nice in the outside however in the inside the classrooms are very tiny. This school doesn't have a music program and the art program is art-on-the-cart. The atmosphere amongst the teachers and administrators isn't pleasant.

Cr Smith Early Child Center