K-5 & Ungraded
Parsippany, NJ

Posted November 10, 2014
The school has got exceedingly cool ratings in the recent past, and all that I saw positives as a parent a few years back, has seem to bear fruits finally. My son had his best teachers here. He had his best grooming here. Best inclusion here. Best of his friends here. Northvalil, rock on!

Posted May 01, 2014
My Child goes to this school... 1. Good: Friendly office, very approachable teachers and principal. I see my child learning well and no complaints on that front. 2. Ok: Though school building is old, it reasonably maintained. Quality of books in library is good but can be better. 3. Needs Improvement: Parking/Drop off congestion - Cant blame the school but township needs to do something.

Northvail Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
Northvail has not proven to be what we thought it would be. While the principal is receptive and seems very involved and concerned, the school on a whole is not the school where I want my child to stay at. The parents and children are not very friendly and the atmosphere is one of exclusion. The lunch aides are terrible and the school seems behind the times on many levels when it comes to food, allergies, classroom celebrations, etc. SO many events seem to be food oriented in and out of the classroom. And specials like art, music, gym and library are sometimes not part of the week. There is a week A and week B and on the off week there might not be art or gym class might be shortened, etc. Our family is very unhappy with Northvail and hopefully we will be able to move by the next school year.

Northvail Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2011
I was originally zoned for Troy Hills Elementary, when I found out that we had be rezoned to Northvail I was very mad...then after meeting with the superintendent and other Northvail parents, my mind was put at ease. Yes there are alot of foreign students that contribute to the test score which makes Northvail rank lower but in terms of education, quality, discipline and really caring about my children - they rank higher than most! And I don't know about the other review but MOST Northvail parents are VERY involved in the school, soccer club and in the community in general.

Posted January 27, 2009
the principal is amazing!

Posted November 14, 2005

Northvail Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2005
It is unfortunate that this school continues to decline year after year. I belive the teachers and principle are doing all that they can, but the parents are not. The children at Northvail are getting more rude and disruptive. Less children each year have English proficiency and are pulling the other children that do back. This school is starting to lag behind the neighboring towns. The parents of these children do not seem connected with their children's education or behavior. Unfortunately I am paying taxes into this school district but am transfering my daughter into a private school for 2nd grade next year as well as enrolling my son in kindergarden at the other school. Until the parents start to care more and take an active role in their childs discipline and education this school will continue to struggle.

Northvail Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2004
The education here is top notch. The teachers really have a vested interest in educating our students.

Northvail Elementary School
10 Eileen Court, Parsippany, NJ  07054
Last modified Northvail Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northvail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top