Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The Principal pretends to be someone he's not. He's not respectful to families or the students. The PTA is very rude and only care about how much they can do for themselves and their children not the school as a whole. The staff in the office is unbelievable and have no regards for parents who come into the office. Horrible experience.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Principal is horrible and always put down the children. No compassion or heart. He should've been a traffic officer, that's a perfect image for him. He agrees with the PTA for everything and the other parents are always wrong. Thank god my kids are out of this school.

Just came back from dropping my child off to school this morning and I have to say the way in which the teacher directing traffic spoke to me was Horribly unacceptable. If this lady can speak to me and other parents this way, I can only imagine how she treat the kids. I wish there was someone I could complain too, but I know the principal is the same way!!! Nasty school staff and administration, with the exception of a few nice teachers. Find another school!!!

Becoming a part of this school's community has been the worst experience of my life. If I could give this school less than one star I would definitely be in the negatives. I moved into this community in the beginning of the year and my children were mandatorily placed in this school by the board of Ed. This school is much more interested in keeping their good names in their ratings with the small percentage of the students that are actually doing well, in making money every chance they get for the PTA, in making people feel like outcast and like they don't belong, then Helping the students that need it by TEACHING.

Northvail has been amazing to my son and family. He has been excelling In every level academically, behavior,and socially. I have to say my son loves going to school everyday, I have also read reviews that parents don't help out, but I've seen parents do their share, nothing's perfect. You never know what your going to get with parents but there are friendly parents who are welcoming and helpful. Principal is awesome! If you bring up your concerns to him he will rectify it, his staff is friendly and do their job. . . I am very pleased with this school.

The school has got exceedingly cool ratings in the recent past, and all that I saw positives as a parent a few years back, has seem to bear fruits finally. My son had his best teachers here. He had his best grooming here. Best inclusion here. Best of his friends here. Northvalil, rock on!

My Child goes to this school... 1. Good: Friendly office, very approachable teachers and principal. I see my child learning well and no complaints on that front. 2. Ok: Though school building is old, it reasonably maintained. Quality of books in library is good but can be better. 3. Needs Improvement: Parking/Drop off congestion - Cant blame the school but township needs to do something.

Northvail has not proven to be what we thought it would be. While the principal is receptive and seems very involved and concerned, the school on a whole is not the school where I want my child to stay at. The parents and children are not very friendly and the atmosphere is one of exclusion. The lunch aides are terrible and the school seems behind the times on many levels when it comes to food, allergies, classroom celebrations, etc. SO many events seem to be food oriented in and out of the classroom. And specials like art, music, gym and library are sometimes not part of the week. There is a week A and week B and on the off week there might not be art or gym class might be shortened, etc. Our family is very unhappy with Northvail and hopefully we will be able to move by the next school year.

I was originally zoned for Troy Hills Elementary, when I found out that we had be rezoned to Northvail I was very mad...then after meeting with the superintendent and other Northvail parents, my mind was put at ease. Yes there are alot of foreign students that contribute to the test score which makes Northvail rank lower but in terms of education, quality, discipline and really caring about my children - they rank higher than most! And I don't know about the other review but MOST Northvail parents are VERY involved in the school, soccer club and in the community in general.

Last modified Northvail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.