K-5 & Ungraded
Parsippany, NJ

Northvail Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
Becoming a part of this school's community has been the worst experience of my life. If I could give this school less than one star I would definitely be in the negatives. I moved into this community in the beginning of the year and my children were mandatorily placed in this school by the board of Ed. This school is much more interested in keeping their good names in their ratings with the small percentage of the students that are actually doing well, in making money every chance they get for the PTA, in making people feel like outcast and like they don't belong, then Helping the students that need it by TEACHING.

Northvail Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2015
They give a whole new meaning to No Child Left Behind. I just wish more parents would speak up. You should hear the tone of the notices and the way in which the principal treats the parents. He even looks at parents like something nasty he stepped in. SHAME on you Northvail, I expected SO much more based on the reviews. But you can't judge a book by its cover. Parents Be Weary!!!!!!

Posted January 10, 2015
Northvail has been amazing to my son and family. He has been excelling In every level academically, behavior,and socially. I have to say my son loves going to school everyday, I have also read reviews that parents don't help out, but I've seen parents do their share, nothing's perfect. You never know what your going to get with parents but there are friendly parents who are welcoming and helpful. Principal is awesome! If you bring up your concerns to him he will rectify it, his staff is friendly and do their job. . . I am very pleased with this school.

Posted November 10, 2014
The school has got exceedingly cool ratings in the recent past, and all that I saw positives as a parent a few years back, has seem to bear fruits finally. My son had his best teachers here. He had his best grooming here. Best inclusion here. Best of his friends here. Northvalil, rock on!

Posted May 01, 2014
My Child goes to this school... 1. Good: Friendly office, very approachable teachers and principal. I see my child learning well and no complaints on that front. 2. Ok: Though school building is old, it reasonably maintained. Quality of books in library is good but can be better. 3. Needs Improvement: Parking/Drop off congestion - Cant blame the school but township needs to do something.

Northvail Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
Northvail has not proven to be what we thought it would be. While the principal is receptive and seems very involved and concerned, the school on a whole is not the school where I want my child to stay at. The parents and children are not very friendly and the atmosphere is one of exclusion. The lunch aides are terrible and the school seems behind the times on many levels when it comes to food, allergies, classroom celebrations, etc. SO many events seem to be food oriented in and out of the classroom. And specials like art, music, gym and library are sometimes not part of the week. There is a week A and week B and on the off week there might not be art or gym class might be shortened, etc. Our family is very unhappy with Northvail and hopefully we will be able to move by the next school year.

Northvail Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2011
I was originally zoned for Troy Hills Elementary, when I found out that we had be rezoned to Northvail I was very mad...then after meeting with the superintendent and other Northvail parents, my mind was put at ease. Yes there are alot of foreign students that contribute to the test score which makes Northvail rank lower but in terms of education, quality, discipline and really caring about my children - they rank higher than most! And I don't know about the other review but MOST Northvail parents are VERY involved in the school, soccer club and in the community in general.

Posted January 27, 2009
the principal is amazing!

Northvail Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2005
It is unfortunate that this school continues to decline year after year. I belive the teachers and principle are doing all that they can, but the parents are not. The children at Northvail are getting more rude and disruptive. Less children each year have English proficiency and are pulling the other children that do back. This school is starting to lag behind the neighboring towns. The parents of these children do not seem connected with their children's education or behavior. Unfortunately I am paying taxes into this school district but am transfering my daughter into a private school for 2nd grade next year as well as enrolling my son in kindergarden at the other school. Until the parents start to care more and take an active role in their childs discipline and education this school will continue to struggle.

Northvail Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2004
The education here is top notch. The teachers really have a vested interest in educating our students.

Northvail Elementary School
10 Eileen Court, Parsippany, NJ  07054
Last modified Northvail Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northvail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top