Bad
Good

Number 8 Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2011
Unsatisfactory indeed...my child has been having trouble since he has started. I am in the process of moving just so my child can have a possible chance in the future. There are not many teachers who are willing to go a little extra. Sad to say that children do not have enough interaction with the teachers. I would NOT recommend this school at all. ( I have even tried to have a "school choice" but the BOE does not even bother to let you know about your status, and when you do ask they have staff that say they don't know what you are talking about.) Can not say that 2011 is better than 2005.

Number 8 Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2005
On a scale from 1-10, I give this school a -1. They are very poor in keeping parents informed, poor in the safety of the kids, and they do not hold themselves accountable or responsible when they make a mistake where your child is concerned, they try to make it seem as if it's your childs fault when in fact the school made a mistake. There are also teachers, whom I've witnessed with my own eyes and ears, that play favorites to other students. There is a teacher who will not give you a conference when you ask for one, I personally asked this teacher 5 times for a meeting regarding my son, she never responded. I finally went to her class myself to discuss my child, I asked her if he could get help after school and she told me she didn't have time.

Number 8 Elementary School
35 Chadwick St, Paterson, NJ  07503
Last modified Number 8 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.