K-8 & Ungraded

Number 21 Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2005
- a former student

Posted July 13, 2004
This school is a disappointment. My niece went to PS#21 for 2nd, 3rd, and fourth grade. She had not been doing well in school, and it was always presented to me that the reason she did not do well, was because she was lazy. Because of this I began tutoring her at home myself, but quickly realized that she could not read! I then took her to Sylvan to have her tested. I was told that my niece, who had been promoted to the 5th grade, was reading at a first grade level. I can not understand how the teachers here did not realize this, or why she was continually promoted. When we moved out of state, my niece was unprepared for the new school, and she was actually left back in the 5th grade. She is doing better now, thanks to Sylvan, and the school she was in this year.

Number 21 Elementary School
322 Tenth Avenue, Paterson, NJ  07514
Last modified Number 21 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Number 21 Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top