No rating

St Gerard Majella School

Private | PK-8

Living in Paterson

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted August 4, 2014

The school is very expensive which they do not state when they are taking your enrollment fee. I technically paid 200 or so dollars which btw they do not refund for them to tell me the tuition each month. I am a single parent of two children I wanted to show my kids religion and but not at a place where money is paramount to their education. Thanks but no thanks!! I will not by any means refer anyone I know to this school. I will also make it my duty to let everyone I meet that is looking for a catholic school to put their child that St Gerard Majella the thieves is not the way to go!!

Posted June 15, 2014

Do not send your child to this school my daughter had been yelled at for wearing a jacket in the classroom in the winter and almost got expelled for telling the principle sister johann that she was cold

Posted May 21, 2012

This school is not better than the public schools in Paterson. The staff is not prepared or equiped to teach those kids for the price of the school. The only good thing about St. Gerard is that it is a Catholic school and they do teach kids about God

Posted March 31, 2011

Excellent School! the staff is great with children and parents they help you with any situation for your child's needs. The school is safe and clean.

Posted November 2, 2009

Not better than the public school education just safer and quieter without the fights. Parents that can afford it are forced to send their kids here just to make sure there kids are safe. They do not prepare students for the state exams and the education itself is not of higher quality. The public schools outside of Paterson are of higher quality than our public and private schools. It's sad because our children have to compete in this world with the better educated children once they go to college and entire the work force. Sad.

Posted August 21, 2009

I am a graduate from St. Gerards, and I loved this school. I think the teachers were amazing and they nurtured me to be an excellent person with good characteristics, attitude, and intelligence. I think when liking a school, it depends upon the students' and the parents' attitudes to 'how' they get their education. If a student is more apt to learn, the better they will learn in the school. I excelled better in this school because the teachers cared. Most importantly, I was comfortable with my classmates and teachers, and I made amazing memories that I'm sure I could've never have made anywhere else.

Posted January 26, 2009

A wonderful school. All 4 of my children as well as myself have attended this school and I find no complaints whatsoever. Education is simply fantastic, the school is safe and no principal anywhere cares for these students like Sister Joanne does. Don't hesitate to send your children there you will be amazed!

Posted October 10, 2008

Excellent school. Caring teachers and staff. Sr joanne an angel

Posted January 16, 2008

I am a parent that thinks this is a horrible school. I have many reasons for my opinion. That's not to say that the teacheres are not doing there job. However they do provide a safe environment and is reasonable.

Posted January 13, 2008

I graduated from this school and thought it was great. There is a unity with everyone and the education is top notch.

Posted November 23, 2007

I Graduated From St.Gerard School and I will say that this school is just amazing. I don't know why some of these parents are saying that this school is horrible.

Posted July 13, 2006

My son is currently atttending this school and it is alright. There is nothing spectacular about it and nothing to bad. However talking to the the prinipal Sister Joann is liking talking to the wall. I must say her ability to correspond with parents is HORRIBLE. The office administrator is no better. I called the school several times for information and several times she didn't give my an answer.

Posted February 6, 2006

My son is in Kinder. I am more than pleased with the attention and unity in this school. the children are tought not just religion, but most important how to become productive and caring beings. I am so glad to have found this school.

Posted October 10, 2005

This school is a really good school. Sr. Joann is a great principle and and the teachers hear are wonderful. It a good enviorment for kids. The academic programs are fair but they can use a little more excitement for the kids. Especially in Eighth grade. My daughter is having a fabulous year in eigth grade and they make your last year very special by giving you class rings and preparing you for graduation.

Posted April 10, 2005

My daughter recently went to St.Gerards. I must comment that it is a horrible school. Before sending my daughter to that school she was getting outstanding grades in school. When I sent her there she started failing most of her subjects and I couldn't understand why. I tried talking to the school's principal several times, but she simply would not give me the time of day light. I took my daughter out of St.Gerards and now she is doing much better. I for one believe it was the teaching skills that were horrible. Not to mention that that school does not teach our kids anything.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Paterson

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10 Carrelton Drive