K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I was curious to see what kind of reviews I could find on this school. Initially, I loved the idea of a Christian school because they are a rarity, however, I had an awful experience with DT. As an educator myself, I found switching my child from a public school to this school to be a terrible decision and a complete joke. My child came home reading books way below the level my child was at. My child's math homework/classwork assignments were also way below the level s/he was at. They spent most of the morning reciting bible verses and singing songs, but that was never followed by a rigorous academic schedule/ curriculum. The teacher did a terrible job communicating with me and when I addressed concerns and asked questions, it was always received with an attitude or fell on deaf ears. Maybe this school was better years ago, but I definitely would never re-enroll my child after my awful experiences. There's so much more to say about what I didn't like about DT, but I'll leave it at the poor academics/ curriculum (or lack of).

I initially thought the idea of a Christian School was a fantastic idea! Unfortunately, I had an awful experience. I'm rather surprised to see these raving reviews. I even wonder if they are reviews from years ago or from employees because this school was a joke. My child learned nothing. The curriculum, or lack of, was not rigorous. I tried to address my concerns, but they fell on deaf ears or were received with an attitude. The third grade teacher never seems to have a system to grading. For example, she would take points off for penmanship instead of focusing on important elements of writing. Report cards? I saw 2, but they were scrambled together after I inquired about grades more than once. I am an educator in the public school system and I will never enroll or reenroll any of my children in DT. There's so much more I could say, but I'll leave it at that (I know other parents felt the same way). I hope they get it together and make improvements. God bless.

As A parent of 2 Dawn Treader Gradutaes and as an Educator in Paterson Public School. I think that DTCS even with its limitaions had maximied the quality of education. This year they incorporated a Sports and Music element to their school. My children excelled tremendously acheiveing higher than average test scores. Also this year a more diverse population was seen. Their Programs are great they try to incorporate all the students in all events in the school. For us it has been a great experience and we highly recomend this school if the students need more one on one time with the teacher or for a faith based education which is soo needed these days. I do hightly recomend DTCS.

I would rate Dawn Treader a 5-star! Though the school is small...it offers great BIG standards of excellence and expectation. During the times we're living in today, the importance of a strong biblical foundation is important to keep sane. The teacher's make up 1/3 of the whole concept of teaching our children. The other 2/3 relys on parental imput and involvement and our Spiritual leaders. The more contributed to the 'Whole Child' , the greater the success rate. The Teacher's at DTCS are to be applauded for their Spirit of excellence, care and concern. They have planed good Godly seed, into the harvest. Unfortuanately, there is always some seed that scatter and fall to the wayside. All those who represent DTCS...continue in that which you were called faithfully, and watch God produce a good harvest! Thank You for planting good seed into my children and currently grandchild who now attends.

I was a student from kindergarten up to 8th grade so I was there for a long time. Biblical studies are instilled at a young age which I cherish, but I feel I was slighted when I was in math classes, I dont feel I was adequately prepared for highschool, I felt as if I were Left Behind in school, Parent involvement is pretty much the only thing going on here. The teachers are good, especially Mrs.Young and Mrs. Simms. Some teachers had their own views that could easily be questioned. I would only send my kids their for proper biblical training. Not for academics. Let them go to public schools and learn what every other kid is learning, so they can be on the same level as highschool freshmen and so on.

I currently have a child enrolled at Dawn Treader and I am completely satisfied with the level of education my child is receiving. The classroom size is small which to me is a major plus because the children can get more one on one attention. The teachers at DTCS are firm yet fair and are liked and respected by the children and the parents. The parent involvement at this school is at an all time high with both mothers and fathers rallying to help out in any way possible. I strongly recommend Dawn Treader to anyone looking for a school that instills Christianity, education and good wholesome morals.

This is the school that you would want your child to attend for a safe Christian environment. The teachers are caring and committed to providing a Christian based education. The teachers are attentive to my child's individual needs. I find the communication between parent and teacher as excellent. Dawn Treader offers a strong academic program and Christian values which were a deciding factor for me. The children are nurtured and encouraged to strive for excellence academically and most important spiritually. My child loves it here at the Dawn Treader Christian School!

Last modified Dawn Treader Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8