Public charter
Paterson, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,144

Posted November 24, 2014
My school always put the students needs first and always finding new and improved ways to teach the students.

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology 2

Posted December 18, 2013
Lets just start with the fact that I dread waking up in the morning! I have to literally drag myself out of bed. The teachers are good teachers but then there are teachers who just purposely pick on you! I have to say that I've been challenged but then again they have to start realizing that they are teaching children not soldiers. I feel as if I'm attending a boot camp but instead of it being physically draining I'm mentally drained. Teachers teach (sometimes rely on short boring clips to do so) their lessons in boring ways and expect us not to fall asleep, talk, fidget around, go to bathrooms (yes! I've gone to the bathroom just to get away from these people) and doodle on their arms. And then there's the students...bad influences if you ask me. It's pretty sad how intelligent kids are so rude, mean, and disrespectful. The students are very smart but the teachers can't get through to them on a personal level because they don't understand them. It grinds my gears when I overhear people say good things about this school. Go check our REAL state test grades, why don't you? Don't believe everything you hear from people who's children haven't attended!

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology 1

Posted December 16, 2013
My child used to attend this school because they have a great appearance in terms of their teachers showing care, their school coordinator (principal) always greeting everyone. They have community and local school events. HOWEVER, they perform really low on all state wide testing. My child did so poorly I couldn't believe it. Also it makes me uncomfortable how all the top leaders are Turkish. It's odd that Turkish is thought and always comes up behind closed doors. There's definitely a cultural agenda here. I DO NOT recommend this school for academic reasons along with an odd-feeling as a parent for their customs. Grade: F

Posted November 22, 2013
My son started 3rd grade at PCSST and is best decision I've ever made for my son's education when decided to transfer her to PCSST. He has improved academically in so many ways. The teachers keeps him motivate him and help him be better in all subjects.

Posted November 20, 2013
This is the fourth year for my daughter at PCSST Elementary school. She has shown great improvement in each grade level and got all A,s on her recent report card. I like the fact i can track her progress daily and contact teachers if necessary and they are quick to respond.I really like the focus on getting the kids motivated so they can be successful. We as parents must ensure our kids take their work seriously. My daughter loves going to school and loves her teachers. Initially I did not want her to take Turkish and was going to fight to get her class changed but after speaking to the teacher decided to let her try it out. Since then she has entered competitions and did very well and sometimes when we go to the supermarket I hear her identify stuff in Turkish. So proud of her. It is a good school and I would definitely recommend it.

Posted November 20, 2013
Great leadership skills. Awesome job on motivating student to work hard and achieve high levels of knowledge.

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology 4

Posted November 20, 2013
is excellent they are doing great improving every year, they have help my kids in many ways

Posted November 20, 2013
Great school and great communication. I feel very glad for all services provided by school

Posted November 19, 2013
PCSST is a good school. My daughters have been enrolled for 3 years now since they were in first and second grade. All of the teachers they have had thus far are competent, driven towards excellence for the students in their class and very accommodating by responding to inquiries via email and or phone calls. My girls are challenged by the curriculum in place as it makes them think outside the box. Additionally I applaud the discipline measures for this school. I must admit this Core Curriculum is very challenging and I am grateful that the school recognized this and decided to institute tutoring sessions on Saturdays in an effort to ensure our children succeed. I would definitely recommend this school to my friends and any parent who is TRULY interested in growing, developing and strengthening a future academician.

Posted November 19, 2013
I consider PCSST the best school in the Paterson district. The elementary curriculum is challenging allowing students to strive for excellence in their education. The teachers not only care for their students but also cause them to strive for excellence. I always know where my daughter stands bc I daily check the website for homework assignments and grades. Teachers are quick to reach out if my daughter is having difficulty in an area. The school communicates with parents often via phone or text messages and offers great resources to help parents help their students. My daughter is often engaged through the different activities (movie night, lock-in, Spring break trips). The one item I wish the elementary school had was a sports program but other than this, the school is truly a gem.

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology
276 Wabash Ave., Paterson, NJ  07503
Last modified Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top