Public charter
Paterson, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,144

Posted March 18, 2015
PCSST has given me the worst Highschool experience that has ever existed. I have attended this school for 4 years and I can proudly say that I've been in a prison like building rather than a school. A student is not allowed go to their locker unless told to, if a student speaks his or her mind to a teacher it would be considered talking back, meaning that a student would get sent out for being disrespectful, which has happened to me personally. Furthermore, they have no idea on who to hire as a teacher, they only look at their "accomplishments", but in a class room, that teacher will make no sense because the cannot speak English. They hired a teacher for Chemistry, who also teaches AP Chemistry but does not have an AP certificate. Some teachers cannot keep the class room under control, they just "let it slide". There are many more problems within this school, it corruptness, it's hypocrisy, and it's Technology. I Highly suggest you don' send or even apply you're children here, because they will be treated as prisoners rather than students.

Posted March 16, 2015
In my opinion the PCSST school is a school that puts the interests of students first, is desert that most teachers are not Americans but that is not a factor to say they are not qualified, I am proud of this school and my children there is much honor finished his high school.

Posted March 13, 2015
I am currently a 10th grader at pcsst , and i advise all parents do not enroll your children in this school , this school is only good if your are in 6th grade and beneath. And im going to tell you why , as teens we like to play sports and enjoy our high school years, well this school dosent allow that. Can you believe weve been in this school building since september and still havent even had one physical education class. This school is immitating a bootcamp except your brain is mentally drained instead of being physically drained like a bootcamp. 80% of the teachers are from countries outside the united states and you can bairley umderstand them. I honestly struggle daily in here and i cant wait to move and get out of here. Technology wise tey are good but the classes are the same or even easier than any other public i understand ifnyou want your children away from public school violence but this place will not solve that . I would love to go to school if they made it alittle interesting . In my opinion this school is boring and abusing. The people that work here are mostly ignorant and hipocritical . I say again worst highschool i think exist .

Posted November 24, 2014
My school always put the students needs first and always finding new and improved ways to teach the students.

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology 2

Posted December 18, 2013
Lets just start with the fact that I dread waking up in the morning! I have to literally drag myself out of bed. The teachers are good teachers but then there are teachers who just purposely pick on you! I have to say that I've been challenged but then again they have to start realizing that they are teaching children not soldiers. I feel as if I'm attending a boot camp but instead of it being physically draining I'm mentally drained. Teachers teach (sometimes rely on short boring clips to do so) their lessons in boring ways and expect us not to fall asleep, talk, fidget around, go to bathrooms (yes! I've gone to the bathroom just to get away from these people) and doodle on their arms. And then there's the students...bad influences if you ask me. It's pretty sad how intelligent kids are so rude, mean, and disrespectful. The students are very smart but the teachers can't get through to them on a personal level because they don't understand them. It grinds my gears when I overhear people say good things about this school. Go check our REAL state test grades, why don't you? Don't believe everything you hear from people who's children haven't attended!

Posted December 16, 2013
My child used to attend this school because they have a great appearance in terms of their teachers showing care, their school coordinator (principal) always greeting everyone. They have community and local school events. HOWEVER, they perform really low on all state wide testing. My child did so poorly I couldn't believe it. Also it makes me uncomfortable how all the top leaders are Turkish. It's odd that Turkish is thought and always comes up behind closed doors. There's definitely a cultural agenda here. I DO NOT recommend this school for academic reasons along with an odd-feeling as a parent for their customs. Grade: F

Posted November 22, 2013
My son started 3rd grade at PCSST and is best decision I've ever made for my son's education when decided to transfer her to PCSST. He has improved academically in so many ways. The teachers keeps him motivate him and help him be better in all subjects.

Posted November 20, 2013
This is the fourth year for my daughter at PCSST Elementary school. She has shown great improvement in each grade level and got all A,s on her recent report card. I like the fact i can track her progress daily and contact teachers if necessary and they are quick to respond.I really like the focus on getting the kids motivated so they can be successful. We as parents must ensure our kids take their work seriously. My daughter loves going to school and loves her teachers. Initially I did not want her to take Turkish and was going to fight to get her class changed but after speaking to the teacher decided to let her try it out. Since then she has entered competitions and did very well and sometimes when we go to the supermarket I hear her identify stuff in Turkish. So proud of her. It is a good school and I would definitely recommend it.

Posted November 20, 2013
Great leadership skills. Awesome job on motivating student to work hard and achieve high levels of knowledge.

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology 4

Posted November 20, 2013
is excellent they are doing great improving every year, they have help my kids in many ways

Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology
276 Wabash Ave., Paterson, NJ  07503
Last modified Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paterson Charter School for Science & Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top