No rating

St Stephen School

Private | PK-8

Living in Pennsauken...

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $156,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted January 1, 2013

READ ALL OF THIS IT IS IMPORTANT! I am an 8th grade student currently attending Phifer Middle School in Pennsauken. I attended this school for a year and a half. 6th-7th grade. First the principal is horrible. The rest of the staff is just as bad. I had done nothing to this one teacher, and she hated me in the wort way she gave me a detention on my the day before my birthday so I would have to wake up at 3 in the morning on my birthday. I didn't do anything to deserve that. She contacted my parents and told them that they should have my checked and that I need medication. I went to a doctor who told me theres nothing wrong with me. She then openly in class said loud for everyone to hear "Did you get medication yet, because theres something wrong with you" She would also treat other students like this but she treated me the worst. The Science and Math teacher for the older kids older students has no idea what she's doing. The entire staff is uneducated and behaves terribly. And just to inform all of you. The principals grandson is treated like royalty If anyone knows the principal at this school tell her to read this. Its from Michael M. I hope this will stop this horrible school.

Posted August 11, 2012

This school has changed tremendously under the new administration...very disappointing ...the change is not for the better.

Posted April 18, 2011

This is the BEST school ever. The children are down-to-earth, along with the teachers. I love this school. It's a MUST-GO.

Posted July 14, 2010

In St Stephen school, at the Kindergarten with Mrs Hill my son got the greatest and the best care he could have. And at the first grade with Mrs Smith, my son got all the patience he could have to be a better student. Of course, as the parent, I was always there and had to work with school staff.

Posted November 20, 2008

I love this school. All the teachers help me when I'm in need. My friends at this school also treat me and my other class mates very well. The teachers do a great job every day
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 26, 2008

The principal and some of the teachers have got to get a grip. I don't think the kids are getting out of the school what they should. School should be a great learning experience, not having to teach the educators.

Posted August 22, 2008

My son went to preschool there and all I can say is that his teacher was fabulous, very caring and easy to talk to, a top rate teacher

Posted January 17, 2008

I feel that this school has gone a totally different way than in the past. Everything that you were one used to with Sr. Kathy, has gone south. I've noticed the changes, especially this year. I pay money to send my child to St. Stephen's, but I really don't think they are getting everything that I want for them. It's sad to say, but maybe public school was the way to go. :(

Posted August 15, 2007

St. Stephens School is the best! I couldn't have picked a better school to send my children to. The teachers are warm and caring. They are all very concerned about each individual child and their needs. The faculty there is terrific. I know my children are getting a great Catholic education. When another parish school in the area had turned their back on my son, St. Stephens welcome him with open arms. My children are happy to go to school everyday because of St. Stephens. I and my children couldn't be happier.

Posted July 18, 2006

This school is wonderful! Our child transferred here after attending K-4 elsewhere and the differences were immediate. The school offers many choices for electives (such as music, drama, band, horticulture, or optional gym classes like Aerobics) which is fantastic. It makes the day much more interesting when children are involved with courses other than just the basics of math, english and science. The school offers advanced placement in math and prepares well for high school science and english. There are sports and extracurricular activities available for all levels of interest. Parent involvement is excellent, which is key to a positive learning environment. It's definitely a plus to have your child be excited about going to school each day. The teachers, principal, and staff genuinely care about your children and it really shows. Lastly, the ethnic diversity of the students is a major plus over other area private schools.

Posted September 16, 2004

St. Stephens is an excellent school. The school offers a well rounded balance of strong educational and arts program. My 6th grader is learning french. The school offers quite a variety of elective classes for the upper classes. The enviroment in the school is safe and comforting. The children experience educators that want to teach and will go over and above to help your child feel like a success. This is and has been a great school. I graduated many moons ago from St. Stephens and my children are having the same positive experience. The school is prepared for many emergency situations that unfortunately could happen. Our parents give 100% to support the school and parish. St. Stephens is like your extended family and a great place to call home.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Camden

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6300 Browning Road