K-4 & Ungraded
Pennsauken, NJ

Posted January 26, 2012
This is our first year in the Pennsauken school district. My son is in first grade at Longfellow Elementary. I am very pleased with the teachers and staff at the school. They are always very helpful and my son is doing wonderfully with reading and math. The PTA also plans some fun and appropriate fundraisers and they host some wonderful activities for the children to keep some fun in their learning experience! I would love to see some more parents get involved with the activities.

Posted January 26, 2012
Our son is attending Longfellow this year. After reading many negative reports and reviews about Pennsauken Schools, I am pleasantly surprised with Longfellow. The teachers seem to thoroughly enjoy working with their students, and the students interaction with the teachers is evidence. Our son seems to be learning at a very good rate, and I'm impressed with how well he's advancing with his reading, writing, and math skills. Every member of the staff I've encountered is very cordial and friendly. Mr. Lewis is doing a good job as principal, though I wish he wasn't assigned to two schools, and his e-mails could be proof read before hitting send. The PTA is small and could certainly use more involvement, but the members make up for it with effort, caring, and personality. I absolutely agree with the last post, I would love to see more parent involvement, especially with the PTA !

Longfellow Elementary School 0

Posted April 07, 2010
The staff members of this school are poor. They are very impatient, and negative. The school's builiding is of extremely low quality as it is very old. If your child can't keep up with the curriculum which is very fast paced and (students don't get to grasp one thing before they move on to the next) their is no extra help, the teachers do not go the extra mile as they seem to not care very much. The whole district seems to take the same approach. Students are held accountable which is good, but the staff is not. I had a teacher curse at my son for giggling, in the lunchroom when another student proofed the teacher wrong, this was at another school in pennsauken, but the answer I got from the principal was a simple 'at least he apologized'. but what if a student cursed at a teacher?

Longfellow Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2006
'This school has been a big disappointment. It may be fine for most kids, but our 2nd grader needs smaller class sizes, which have not been available for the 3 years he's attended. The caliber of the one-on-one instruction he does receive is poor. Extra curricular activities are not available until 3rd and 4th grade. The PTA focuses too much on fundraising and parent envolvement is none existent. We're thinking about following our neighbors and moving to an area with a better school district.

Posted September 09, 2003
I am very impressed with the school's program of asking parents to come and volunter time to help out with teaching the Kindegardeners to write..I love that we have this option to help out..I am very involved and I find it most rewarding.

Longfellow Elementary School
Gross & Forrest Ave, Pennsauken, NJ  08110
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top