K-4 & Ungraded
Perth Amboy, NJ

Posted May 05, 2014
Flynn School has an amazing staff that not only teach our children, but respect and guide them. Everyone from the lunch people, custodians, nurses, teachers, and both the principles and principle.

Posted October 27, 2013
Wonderful teachers. Helped my child get through the tough subjects with extra attention by tudoring and his grades reflected that. Started him off great for later on. Now he is entering fifth grade and loves this area. So glad I moved from New York City to New Jersey for this great school and the ones to come.

Posted October 27, 2013
My child loves this school and the small class sizes and involvement with the parent teacher relationship is just great. Simply put this school was far better then the higher rated schoool he attented in New York. Love the area of woodbridge and being a resident of Hopelawn. I am proud to call myself a New Jersey resident. Thank you, Carol

James J. Flynn Elementary School 4

Posted November 24, 2012
I attended this this school from kindergarten through 5th grade. Yes, James J. Flynn school used to have 5th grade. It was my neighborhood school, and it was diverse with students from the neighboring areas. I have fond memories of this school. I felt supported and cared for by the teachers and administrators. Of course, this was 40+ years ago. Mr. Mascara was the Principal then. I can only wish your child will leave James J Flynn school with the memories I still hold dear to my heart.

James J. Flynn Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2012
I am not able to rate my daughter s teacher, as it s her first day in Kindergarten today, but I do have a whole lot to say about the Principal Mr. Cilia. He is the rudest most inarticulate person I have ever come across. He belittles parents and has not a clue on communication or people skills. As a former Perth Amboy student, it is saddening to see there has been no progress in the school district since I was a student over 10 years ago. It is even more disturbing to see a former guidance counselor speak to anyone in that tone, let alone screaming at parents over the mike at Kindergarten orientation. Yes, it was a circus. He is one of the prime examples of why there will never be process in the town of Perth Amboy and why this particular district will always be categorized as urban. My daughter has yet to complete her fist day in Kindergarten and I have already regretted our decision. For those young couples that still reside in Perth Amboy, please take this into consideration before you have kids. Get married, save your money and get out!

James J. Flynn Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2009
the only problem is the food

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted March 14, 2008
i used to go to this school ! and its awesome ! i loved it ! especially my teachers ! mrs. flisser, mrs. linnell , and mrs. paver. i love you flynn school !!!!

James J. Flynn Elementary School
850 Chamberlain Avenue, Perth Amboy, NJ  08861
Last modified James J. Flynn Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James J. Flynn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top