No rating

Assumption Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 167 students

Living in Perth Amboy

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,340.

Posted October 20, 2012

worst school i have ever been to. terrible staff. i left that school before the last day of school.

Posted January 27, 2011

My daughter has attended Assumption Catholic since she was in Kindergarten. She is now in Fourth Grade. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of education she has received here and will continue to receive. I love this school so much, that my son now attends Assumption Catholic. He is in Kindergarten and his teacher is the best. It is not crowded like the Perth Amboy Catholic schools. It has a warm, homey feel to it and the students thrive in this environment. I am so happy this school goes up to the eighth grade. This is where they will stay.

Posted February 1, 2010

Allover good schcool.My daughter enjoys attending her kindergarten classes.Classes are small so that helps develop the child learning ability.They offer pre care & after for a small fee.

Posted June 9, 2009

Our daughter attends this wonderful school and has thrived there! The atmosphere of community and caring is one of its very best characteristics! She has excelled there and we could not be happier! The principal, teachers and staff are there for the students and for the parents. Overall, the students are polite, kind and friendly. The teachers strive for academic excellence for all students. the rules are strict, but not harsh. The religious education is part of the program, but it is not overbearing. This school is definitely the best kept secret in the Perth Amboy area. Excellence, individual attention, small class sizes.. all at a very fair and reasonable price! Thank you Assumption Catholic for a job well done!

Posted August 11, 2008

I transferred my daughter to this school when thanks to this wonderful 'no child left behind' law the public school was going to pass her despite the fact she failed Reading and Language Arts all 4 marking periods; when she was in second grade. I spoke to the principle and teacher and decided it was in her best interest to have her repeat the 2nd grade. She is now entering the 6th grade and I haven't looked back. My son now attends the school and I look forward to my 2 year old starting as well. The small classes allow the teachers to take their time and give attention to those that need it. There is also a new principle and he is fantastic!!!!!! Not that the old one wasn't, it's just that you're always nervous with new leadership. The teachers really care and are always willing to work with parents.

Posted March 15, 2007

I have had my son in UACS since Kindergarten. This is a great school. As a public school teacher, I see everyday how most students in public schools are not high achievers due to low parent involvement even though we give many opportunites to work with the school. I think this is what I love about this school. We give our children high standards and the teachers and parents work TOGETHER to achieve that goal. My son's entire Kindergarten class was reading by the time they finished K. Many of the students are honor students. There are many after school activities available for the students and parents are involved in all of the school functions. I plan on enrolling my other son for PRE-K next year. I love the small school size, the one on one attention each student receives and the daily feedback from teachers. I highly recommend this school!

Posted February 22, 2006

I love the small classroom sizes.

Posted September 27, 2004

I would have to agree with the person who said that they 'wondered if a Public School' would have been better. I am very disappointed with the way the school is run. Some of the teachers are very good but there are others that are not so great. There really is no control over the students. This is supposed to be a Catholic school where the socialization is kept to a minimum. I also agree that there should be designated activites for recess. Kids should not be allowed to just socialize. I dont ever remember being able to socialize with my friends expect before/after school and during lunch. Kids today need more discipline while in school.

Posted July 2, 2004

My son has been at UAS since Kindergarten. He is now going into 5th grade and he loves 'his UAS'. He tells me all the time that he wants to go there until he graduates from 8th grade. He loves his teachers and receives good grades. He went into Kindergarten not knowing how to read and came out reading above his level. The teachers must be doing something right! As long as parents stay involved in their child's education - teachers will always work with them. If your willing to pay for your child's education, you must be willing to participate too.

Posted August 26, 2003

My 2 daughters attended UAS from K thru 1 and now 2nd. When I tell you what a fantastic job they did for me keep my oldest calm and feeling safe during 9-11 and other tragedies. Also I have been recently divoced and they also kept the girls safe and always got involved with them, the teachers contacted me when they had a really bad day or a really good day. I can not thank the staff enough.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Other
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Meredith And Jacques Sts