Bad
Good

Lopatcong Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2014
Many people voice concerns about this school being below par. There is a lack of leadership and an overall dismissive attitude about challenging the children academically as they seem OK with the children doing the bare minimum that is required. Discipline is almost non existent as well and it seems the teachers and students realize this.

Lopatcong Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2014
My daughter went through lopatcong elementary. They failed her so badly that I had to homeschool her for 2 years. Now, she is in honors classes-no thanks to them. I have a son on the autism spectrum there now. I have had to fight tooth and nail to get him what he needs with the child study team. Many times I was denied my requests for him only to find out that he should have received the services I requested according to state law. In addition the school called DYFS on us because he was missing so much school due to his disorder. I know of three other families in my neighborhood they have done the same thing to. I believe they have DYFS on speed dial. We are moving.

Posted May 22, 2013
I am a special education teacher and we moved to Lopatcong last summer. I resigned from my teaching position in Warren Township (Somerset Cty.) to stay home full-time with our daughter. I have become very involved in the community. Lopatcong Elementary is not held in high regard by most of the younger students' parents. It is my understanding that Lopat used to be the cream of the crop in Warren Cty. I am not sure what happened, but it no longer holds that standing. I find that the district does not have high standards. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling and I cringe at some of the things I receive from the school. They even have Phillipsburg misspelled on the website! The Child Study Team violated state and federal regulations and the case was accepted by the NJ DOE Office of Special Services. I pray that a new Superintendent comes in with little tolerance for apathy and holds the staff accountable for higher standards.

Lopatcong Elementary School

Posted September 18, 2009

Lopatcong Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2005
A school that values the 'old fashioned' fundamentals of academics - Reading, Writing, Arithmetic. Great sense of community, with award winning student council. The music department was once great, but has suffered with the frequent changeover in teachers. Sports are a priority in the high school and Lopatcong has great feeder programs, although the sports are not administered by the school district (Lopatcong Atheletic Association is used instead).

Posted April 06, 2004
I totally agree with the 2/04 review. I have 2 children in the Lopatcong Elementary School who are so afraid of the administration that they are unwilling to participate in any classroom. In the past 5 years I have had to reteach my kids what they are supposed to be learning in the classroom. Whenever I approach the faculty and administration I am always told that they don't have time. They're too busy preparing for State Testing to be sure to get their funding that they don't have time to teach our children the foundation which they need for reading and arithmetic.

Posted February 13, 2004
After having 5 children go through this school system I have seen it deteriorate. Discipline is out of control at the middle school and those children that really need the help and encouragement of the staff administration and staff have to struggle for help. Creativity and individuality is not encouraged. Students are discouraged to express their viewpoints. This has gone from a very fine school full of life and the voice of the students to the voice of the administration.

Lopatcong Elementary School
263 Route 57, Phillipsburg, NJ  08865
Last modified Lopatcong Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.