Bad
Good

Many people voice concerns about this school being below par. There is a lack of leadership and an overall dismissive attitude about challenging the children academically as they seem OK with the children doing the bare minimum that is required. Discipline is almost non existent as well and it seems the teachers and students realize this.

My daughter went through lopatcong elementary. They failed her so badly that I had to homeschool her for 2 years. Now, she is in honors classes-no thanks to them. I have a son on the autism spectrum there now. I have had to fight tooth and nail to get him what he needs with the child study team. Many times I was denied my requests for him only to find out that he should have received the services I requested according to state law. In addition the school called DYFS on us because he was missing so much school due to his disorder. I know of three other families in my neighborhood they have done the same thing to. I believe they have DYFS on speed dial. We are moving.

I am a special education teacher and we moved to Lopatcong last summer. I resigned from my teaching position in Warren Township (Somerset Cty.) to stay home full-time with our daughter. I have become very involved in the community. Lopatcong Elementary is not held in high regard by most of the younger students' parents. It is my understanding that Lopat used to be the cream of the crop in Warren Cty. I am not sure what happened, but it no longer holds that standing. I find that the district does not have high standards. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling and I cringe at some of the things I receive from the school. They even have Phillipsburg misspelled on the website! The Child Study Team violated state and federal regulations and the case was accepted by the NJ DOE Office of Special Services. I pray that a new Superintendent comes in with little tolerance for apathy and holds the staff accountable for higher standards.

Last modified Lopatcong Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.