No rating

Grandview Elementary School

Public | PK-3 & ungraded | 63 students

Posted June 22, 2014

It's really good school and my son's teacher is really wonderful and helpful.He also loves going to the school and loves his teacher.

Posted April 18, 2014

My daughter was new to this school and so far, she likes the school,teachers,staff,and the principal.They teach very well.I am so happy my daughter is getting a good education.

Posted June 1, 2011

My son is in the 3rd grade and he has an excellent teacher. She is very dedicated and put in extra effort to prepare the children for NJ ASK. The school encourages kids to perform better, I also liked the NJ ASK workshop for parents.

Posted January 20, 2011

My son is going to this school for last 2 years and I think this school is doing great. I am not sure how this school is rated 5 out of 10 in this web site. I feel this should be rated atleast 8+. I got no complaints on this school except few minor items. I would like to have the teachers show little more attention on kids about what they are talking in the class room and caffeteria. I feel they seem to pick bad words from other kids.

Posted September 6, 2010

The principal, Mr. Baskerville, is really doing a great job. The building is looking better and student test scores are increasing.

Posted May 11, 2010

My daughter is in the 1st grade and I am very happy with her teacher and the staff there.

Posted April 16, 2010

My Daughter is in 1st Grade at Grandview, and I help out in the class when I can. I want to say that I am nothing more than pleased with the education my child is receiving at this school since Kindergarten. Her teacher, Miss Quadrino is attentive, bright, and wants nothing more than to see her kids in the class do there very best!!! I am proud to say that my Daughter goes to Grandview. The score I give Grandview is a 10!!

Posted April 14, 2010

My granddaughter attends and they do many extra curricular activities for the kids.

Posted October 7, 2009

Grandview School is the best school. The teachers are kind, Principal is wonderful and my child is very happy there.His teachers take interest in him and I am sure on other kids too.. I love it since they treat everyone well.

Posted September 20, 2009

My child attended Grandview last year. Since,we have relocated to another state. My child had the greatest teacher there for first grade. I have to say he is one of the best! Mr. Orasco, thank you for being one of the greatest teachers I have ever met and one that my child simply loved. He did an awesome job with the entire class. If you are a new parent and have him for a teacher, lucky you! He is simply the best!

Posted September 16, 2009

We moved to another state, and there are great things about the new school my son is in, however, my son received a wonderful compliment from his 'new' teacher, and I owe his abilities to his teachers at Grandview. His new teacher told me that ' he is the one of the best writers, if not the best writer, in her class, and he is always willing to answer in class.' Thank you Grandview for giving him a good foundation!!!!

Posted January 7, 2009

I also don't understand how this rating was generated. The school is only K-3 so maybe since only the 3rd graders get tested, there isn't enough data???? When I compare the test scores here to those of other schools with more grades, just looking at their 3rd graders, they are on par with schools that have Great Schools ratings of 7.

Posted December 14, 2008

The rating soemtime make me wonder as to how it is done. The Grandview school in Piscataway is one the best Schools . As a mother of a special education kid, I am so pleased with my son's growth here. He has a wonderful set of teachers , his main teacher, the aide and the Special ed teacher are great.They are caring and ensure that children try their best. The principal is warm and caring and the atmosphere of the School itself is more welcoming. I recommend this School whole heartedly.

Posted December 7, 2008

My granddaughter attends Grandview School. She is int the second grade. She had Ms. Kendall last year and struggled somewhat in class. She is now in Ms. Tranchina's class and seems to enjoy school much more. she is trying harder this year.

Posted October 1, 2008

MyDaughter studie din Grandview in Kintergarten last year.Her Teacher Mrs.Jordon was excellent.Within 3 months my duaghter started writing pargraphs of 4 lines in KG. Also she gave special attention to every student and gave the students advance materails for them to improve.

Posted February 26, 2008

I transfer my son from Private school to Grandview on 2007 and I can't complain with the school and the teachers. Matter fact he was so behind in all the subjects and the teachers at Grandview help him to overcome a lot. I'm very happy with the school in general.

Posted January 21, 2008

I am a parent of 2 children who attend this school. I think the principal is very insincere and it is obvious that she does not have a good working relationship with the teachers.

Posted October 5, 2007

I am a parent with a child in Special Education and my son has improved a lot since then. All the people that are involved in my son's education are doing a good job with him. If other people feel that there is not much parent participation, then parents should make the step to be involved and the school is not stopping anyone from doing so. Let the teachers do their job, everyone that I've met so far has been great.

Posted May 30, 2007

A new principal was hired in 2006. There are many qualified teachers but the new principal needs to work on her social skills when dealing with parents and children. I wish the school had better security. There are no locks on the door which means that anyone can walk into the school at any time.

Posted February 14, 2005

I have 2 children who attend Grandview school and I am very pleased with what they have learned throughout the year. The teaching staff are experienced and the principal is someone who really cares about the children and the school. I couldn't send my children to a better school. If anyone is thinking about moving to the area this is a great school. You would not be disappointed.

Grade level

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 66% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts literacy and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in science. The NJ ASK is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

Non-migrant86%
Limited English Proficient Current Plus Former62%
Limited English Proficient Formern/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the New Jersey Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 36% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 32%N/A34%

• Mr William Baskerville

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

130 North Randolphville Rd