No rating

An-Noor Academy

Private | K-12

Living in Piscataway

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $270,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,480.

Posted Monday, August 18, 2014

My daughter just completed her 1st grade at AnNoor Academy, and overall I am very satisfied with the school. In my interactions with elementary school teachers, I have found them caring and working hard for students. Besides emails, the school uses TeacherEase web-base app to post homeworks, grades and communicate with parents. The elementary school also has gym classes and other fun extra-curricular activities, such as trips to Crayola Fractory, Pump-it up, Spelling-Bee and Quran Recitation competitions, etc. The school administration does a fairly good job in running daily operations and arranging different events throughout the academic year. The school provides good Islamic environment, where kids learn Islamic manners and memorize Surahs from the Holy Quran, along with secular education. I would recommend this school to others.

Posted June 1, 2014

I wish It could have a zero star rating option to pick.Worst school year experience.Unprofessional Teachers and Assistant teachers.Lack of knowledge,Too much burden of HW on parents and students.Favouritisim can easily be observed.Stay Away and think twice before putting your child into these schools.

Posted May 22, 2014

I HATED THIS SCHOOL! An Noor Academy is the worst private school that you can possibly go to. The teachers are sooooooo mean and they have such low quality things. Do not bring your child to this school. I am very happy that I do not still go there.

Posted December 29, 2013

HORRIBLE!!!!! I would definitely not recomend to go to this school. They need to put more activities and fun things that kids can enjoy

Posted August 30, 2013

The school was not a good school. The atmosphere was bad and my child had problems breathing. The floors were dirty and the books are old. The teachers dont teach anything , my child did not learn anything, public school is better than this. There is no cafeteria but sometimes they sell food and it isnt even good. My child onve wanted to get a burger , but they ran out. My child was starving and got sick. I would not recommend this school.

Posted June 18, 2013

Clearly the parent who is saying "And there are about 35-40 students in each class without any personalized attention to students who needs special care" is on some strong drugs. The ratio of the students to teacher is FAIRLY small, especially for elementary school. The most students a classroom may have (WITH a teacher's aid) is 23-25. This may not be the best school out there, but over the years it has made immense progress and it is on it's way to great success.

Posted April 29, 2013

I go to 6th grade, and have been going since KG. Last year, I took a break and went to Public School and liked it, but when I came back, everything was so much nicer. I love An-Noor Academy, and will stay until High School. It is simply.... Wonderful!

Posted April 4, 2013

this school is a great many students lerning quran and hafiz geat school from all aspects

Posted March 12, 2013

My Kid is going to KG for this year,completely unsatisfied in each aspect either curriculum,discipline.It is not worthed to paysuch a high amount of Fees and get nothing.Too much stress and work load on parents.

Posted January 7, 2013

My son is attending Kindergarten and I am happy so far, just in few months I have seen a lot changes in his behavior and also how much skills he learned. All his teachers keep very close contacts with the parents via emails and occasionally setup one to one to talk about my son progress. Overall I am happy and I would definetly recommend the school. I am giving it Five Stars

Posted April 20, 2010

My child has only gone to pre-school and pre-K, but so far, we are happy. The teachers care and provide constant feedback. They aren't lazy and motivated to teach. The pre-school class had 10 with 2 teachers. Pre-K has about 23 with 2 teachers. I can't say for higher grades, but best to speak to the principal, teachers, and parents of students.

Posted February 13, 2010

This is one of the worst schools you can put your kids in. The quality of education is substandard to say the least. And there are about 35-40 students in each class without any personalized attention to students who needs special care. It's only the childrens of parents who make most noise that get most attention.

Posted February 11, 2008

Best Islamic School in NJ

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 4% 8%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

120a Ethel Rd W