K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 02, 2016
My first year here. The ECL program is well operated with hardworking staff. I am also very satisfied with the elementary school (temporarily on Centennial Ave). Their calendar and schedules are accurate and events are planned well in advance (unlike the Private Islamic School which my children were in previously). The principal is the most humble man I have come across in an Islamic organization. His educational background is one of the main reasons I enrolled my children in this school. The teachers are great for the most part, but I hope the school strictly hires qualified and certified teachers ONLY. I pray the administration of this school doesn't change because it is being run very fair at present and I would love the consistency for my children's sake.

Posted March 14, 2015
We are fortunate to have an institution like An Noor academy in this community. A huge hearty thanks to everyone involved.

An-Noor Academy 4

Posted March 05, 2015
This is my child's first year at An Noor Academy and I am very pleased with their quality of education. I was a little apprehensive and hesistant in the beginning due to the school not starting on time. However the eduation provided, the care from the teacher and staff have taken away all my insecurities about this school. The KG teacher is very dedicated, you can just tell when you see how much the children love their teacher. I can see the progress in my child's learning. I even have a reference point considering I had my child going to another established Islamic school. As with any Islamic School in this area, their is always room for improvement. But with committed parents and staff, I do see a future for the school and the students. I am planning on keeping my child at this school for the rest of elementary school. The new facilities for Early Childhood Learning are also exceptional. If they added a proper gym area it would have been perfect, but like I said their is always room for improvement. Overall this is a great school with dedicated teachers. Many of the parents I have met are also committed at seeing this school and the students progress.

Posted January 06, 2015
An Noor Academy has developed tremendously over past 15 years. I have 3 children attending the school who started from Pre-K. I have seen remarkable growth in terms of staff, students and quality of education. I would like them to continue improving further, of course. One of the special areas I like to note is development in parent-teacher communication with tools like teacherEase, digital locker and for students, giving access to online resources like accelerated math software etc. The primary section is probably the best in Islamic schools in this area. They have a well experienced and dedicated staff. The middle and high school have new teachers and from my observations looks like they are focusing on middle and high school. From the progress seen so far, I believe they will reach the same level of excellence as primary very soon.

Posted January 06, 2015
My children attend An Noor Academy. I would like improvement in terms of buildings, gym, labs, quality of teachers(higher grades) but overall I'm happy with the school and education given to my children. As parents who made the decision to send children to Islamic school, the priority is to nurture them in a right Islamic environment. There is preference given for authentic and traditional Islamic values at An Noor. For those who are thinking of making their son/daughter memorize the Holy Quran, I can highly recommend the Tahfeez program. After talking to number of parents whose children attended the program I chose to admit my son this year. This program is organized under a separate sub division called Darul Huda. By the grace of Allah swt the administration has selected highly qualified authentic scholars to run the sub division. All the tahfeez teachers have 10+ years of teaching Quran in the US. I also got few negative feedbacks from 2 or 3 parents, but after inquiring a little further it was clear that the issue was with the parent/child himself and not the program.

An-Noor Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2014
My son has been attending Annoor since pre-k and is now in 4th grade. Every year, we go through the decision of whether or not to continue with this school, and so far we have always decided to. The teachers are genuinely caring, and really make the kids feel comfortable. The school community has a feeling of family and although resources and facilities have not been limited, it has always been the environment and academics that is most important. I have been pleased with results from Terra Nova. I know some parents have pulled their kids out due to moving locations until the new building is ready and there have been some roadblocks to starting school on time this year, however I am confident that the administration will make good decisions regarding making up lost days in the beginning of the year. Most of the families have been patient in this regard.

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter just completed her 1st grade at AnNoor Academy, and overall I am very satisfied with the school. In my interactions with elementary school teachers, I have found them caring and working hard for students. Besides emails, the school uses TeacherEase web-base app to post homeworks, grades and communicate with parents. The elementary school also has gym classes and other fun extra-curricular activities, such as trips to Crayola Fractory, Pump-it up, Spelling-Bee and Quran Recitation competitions, etc. The school administration does a fairly good job in running daily operations and arranging different events throughout the academic year. The school provides good Islamic environment, where kids learn Islamic manners and memorize Surahs from the Holy Quran, along with secular education. I would recommend this school to others.

Posted June 01, 2014
I wish It could have a zero star rating option to pick.Worst school year experience.Unprofessional Teachers and Assistant teachers.Lack of knowledge,Too much burden of HW on parents and students.Favouritisim can easily be observed.Stay Away and think twice before putting your child into these schools.

Posted May 22, 2014
I HATED THIS SCHOOL! An Noor Academy is the worst private school that you can possibly go to. The teachers are sooooooo mean and they have such low quality things. Do not bring your child to this school. I am very happy that I do not still go there.

Posted December 29, 2013
HORRIBLE!!!!! I would definitely not recomend to go to this school. They need to put more activities and fun things that kids can enjoy

An-Noor Academy