Bad
Good

Posted May 21, 2016
I am 67 now, I attended Cook School for kindergarten, first, second and third grades. Wonderful memories, I still remember my teachers names and the school song. I was transferred to a new school, Woodland, after it was built. Things were never the same, nor as great as Cook school was.

Posted June 09, 2014
I love this school. My son enjoys going there. Ms. Conlin (Kindergarten teacher ) is absolutley fantastic. My son loves her. I have only attended a few of the events. This Friday I went to the spring concert and the children were amazing. Great music teacher as well. Everyone is very pleasant. I LOVE THE NEW PRINCIPAL, Mrs. Cooper. She's very friendly and approachable.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is wonderful, my kids has been students for years. Starting from elementary and up. The teachers are kind and has allot of patience. My kids enjoy their school and their friends and have no problems doing their homework, because the teachers do such a wonderful job explaining their work assignments.

Frederic W. Cook Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2012
Although the classwork is challenging, there are no after school assistance or activities for students. Some teachers communicate with parents but overall, teachers do not respond to parents' concerns and there is no rapport between parents and teachers.

Frederic W. Cook Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2006
I would not recommend this school to a parent of a child that follows directions and had home training. If you are raising a bully or a child with anger issues and a foul mouth - F.W. Cook is for you. My son has been harrassed the entire school year and no faculty stepped in to stop this. He was attacked/assulted and the child that was the ring leader was not even suspended. There was no school nurse on site to see about my child's injurys, the police were not notified by the school. The principal made 101 excuses as to why things happened but never once took responsibility for not having the school yard supervised. I am so thankful that my child son is in the 5th grade and is moving on next year. That school is the worst!

Frederic W. Cook Elementary School
739 Leland Ave, Plainfield, NJ  07062
Last modified Frederic W. Cook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.