Central Jersey Arts Charter School 3

Posted December 01, 2014
Dear Former Teacher, Posting negative comments about our school is a coward act. Good luck with your new job and hopefully it is not working with children. By the way job is spelled job not jog. Also if your students did not learn anything it is because you did not teach them anything. As for the Staff and Principal they care about our students more than you will ever know. I am pretty sure where ever you are they will not re new your contract.

Posted November 26, 2014
This is the poorest excuse for a school I have ever experienced. The kids are literally learning nothing. This school is a business with no regards for the urban children who attend. The classes are out of control and the teachers do not care. Last year eight teachers quit this place. I worked here for a while and am happy to say that I have found a much better jog. The principal does nothing to control the school because he is so worried about his pocket and getting fired. There is no discipline and I would get negative feedback when I tried to control the kids in the classes. Please send you kids to Maxson or Washington because these are excellent schools with professional staff that will truly educate your child. When I was still working there I heard rumors that they would be shutting down because the state is displeased with their poor test scores.

Posted October 25, 2014
UPDATED REVIEW TO A PREVIOUS ONE .... in regards to the cjacs website. Again, you can tell how well this school is ran by the it projects itself to the public. The website is NOW just screenshots. With a link to staff web mail, and summer board meeting dates (not important items from the meetings or an agenda, just the dates). Very informative, they really sell themselves to the community, or maybe they are just realizing how horribly the school is ran. things that make you go .... Hmmmm

Posted September 02, 2014
A new Principal last year and a renewed focus with has really improved the school. We are very happy with the focus on academics and care they show are daughter.

Posted August 26, 2014
Quite possible the worst school. The management Company - Renaissance School Services have no idea how to run a school. This place should be taken over by the department of education and fixed.

Posted May 06, 2014
You can tell how well this school is ran by visiting its website. When do you think is the last time it was updated? It looks like for an arts school they don't have much going on .... The calendar is a photocopy of the calendar from the first day of school (NO updates). For a school that boasts about an "arts" infused curriculum, It would be nice to see any sort of proof of the techniques used on a day to day basis while visiting the site. (The photos/ artwork is from what .....2011???). Also .... Why have a Facebook page if the last post on it is from last year. Guess this "school" doesn't have much of anything going on this year. I wonder how many new teachers will be listed on the staff directory next year (that is if someone finds the time to update it). Who would want to send their child to a school who starts something but doesn't maintain/finish it?

Posted January 11, 2014
Wow!!! I must say that this school has sparked my interest. I recently had the opportunity to your the school. Immediately the staff was helpful, the principal was eager to speak with me and the teacher's were engaged with the students while touring the school. As an Educator who has taught for almost a decade, this school literally "knocked my socks off"! I recently began the application process, I am crossing my fingers and hoping that they are accepted! This school is an excellent alternative to public schools in Union County.

Posted November 11, 2013
I am not comfortable with this school it has too many turn over in principals and also teachers . In grade 1&2 my child was doing much better in her grades ,because those teachers took time out to teach those children and make sure they understand. My child is in 3rd grade whether they understand or not the kids move on to the next subject.This is not fair to these children how can a child who was always a A student ends up getting fs i will be moving my child to publc school cause it does'nt make no sense .The teachers are lazy and does'nt care if the child learn as long as they get a check.

Central Jersey Arts Charter School 0

Posted February 21, 2009
CJACS is a great alternative to a public school education in the Plainfield area.

Posted February 20, 2009
i love the school,staff and children i enjoy to hear that my kids are happy and confortable as long as they are happy so am I and I feel my children are safe .

Central Jersey Arts Charter School
1225 South Ave, Plainfield, NJ  07062
Last modified Central Jersey Arts Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Jersey Arts Charter School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top