6-8 & Ungraded
Port Monmouth, NJ

Thorne Middle School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
I went to Thorne Junior High School in the 1970's and it was the worst school I have ever attended. Its good that now that guidance people listened to the kids, but not back then and you should know Dawn Mc Gee, Sandy Schreppel, Kathleen Hunter, you thought you would bring me down by bullying me and being terrible to me in 7th and 8th grade. I turned out just fine and hopefully you girls are better people then you were in 7th grade. But I doubt it. I have no good things to say about Thorne Middle School. give it a new name but its still the same.

Posted December 20, 2009
I'm currently a student at Thorne, and let me say I absolutely love it. Our teachers are very supportive in our goals. We can enjoy school while learning. And I must say, especially the chorus teacher, Mrs. Mari is very supportive of me, also. The teachers help you with not only school, but private problems also. School is very enjoyable. It's safe, and the students here are well informed about things going on. School spirit plays a big role here at Thorne. On fridays, orange and black clothing fills the school, as our school spirit day. We have sports, clubs, and extracurricular activities. I love Thorne, and I'm sad I'm in eighth grade already, because I'm not ready to leave. I love it here, and I appreciate being a student here.

Thorne Middle School 0

Posted April 16, 2009
great school with experienced teachers. should be 10 out of 10

Thorne Middle School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
Some teachers are horrible to the kids, others are very chill ,and some dont know how to do there job..I think we are treated with little respect and not many privliges, there very up tight here and dont tolerate the simplist of problems even when a parent gets involed they want to do it their way.In lunch they divide us up with a wall and the bathrooms are always locked.Over all, lets just say most of the kids that go here want to transfer..

Posted November 17, 2004
- a former student
Thorne is an exceptional educational facility. The teachers supply extra help for any student who needs it and they are extremely supportive. The administrative assistants are well organized, helpful and very polite. The principal and assistant principal stick to the rules they've administered and handle violators of such rules with care and concern for their welling being. As a former student at Thorne, I can honestly say that my experiences there are responsible for my determination to reach my goals; goals that were enforced in me during my three years there.

Posted August 21, 2004
Thorne is a good school .It is clean and has a good staff. Also has good nurse. She is always ready for emergencys. The teachers are great. Always willing to help kids who are failing, has questions, or need someone to talk to. They have a good schooling sistum. The school is up to date. They have clubs and sports. They have teachers that help kids that need more help in thire studies. Also have classes for people who have special needs. This is one of the best schools that I ever went too!

Thorne Middle School
70 Murphy Road, Port Monmouth, NJ  07758
Last modified Thorne Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thorne Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top