Posted September 18, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school from kindergarten and she loves it. I liked it too. She is in second grade. Teachers are very nice and works with parents to according to students potential. Class size is aggressive but teachers pay due attention every students.

Posted June 19, 2013
This is a wonderful school with strong moral and educational leadership in Denise Mengani and Patricia Buell. True there are many students in each class, 23-25, but teacher aids help make sure that students get the needed one-to-one learning. So happy we have found this school. This is my son's third year and he has loved all of his homeroom teachers. Also the art, music and Spanish teachers really have inspired my little guy.

Posted September 12, 2012
This is an exceptional school. My Son is attending his third year here since Kindergardten. The teachers are excellent and very organized. The Principal is outstanding with her leadership and excellence in administration.

Posted January 24, 2012
This is a fabulous school -- mostly due to the principal, Denise Mengani, who has more intelligence and common sense in her small finger than most school bureaucrats have in their whole bodies. I have one son who went there for three years and one who went for for four years. In those 7 years many things happened that could have been issues/problems/crises and they were always handled incredibly well by Mrs. Mengani and her outstanding staff. But the culture of a school is always set by the top.

Posted May 26, 2011
My son attends Kindergarten in this school. He loves it and I do too. The teacher is very patient, engaging, and enthusiastic. Once my boy had some issue with another one who kept saying "bad words" to him. We talked to the teacher and she took care of it the second day. The class size is not small (around 20, with only one teacher), but I blame the economy and school district for that, not the school.

Posted April 29, 2011
Our son has gone to KG, Grade 1 and now in Grade 2 at this school. The teachers are engaging, my son loves his school and wants to be there. The principal is very involved. The only negative I can say is that the class size has been slowly going up based on the number of kids moving into the district.

Posted February 22, 2011
Excellent teachers and challenging academic programs that empower the student to learn. Parents are involved in all aspects of the school.

Posted August 12, 2009
Our family moved to this area two years ago. My daughter attended Hawk for Kindergarten and 1st grade. We have been extremely satisfied with the teachers and with the level of work that they are doing. My daughter is going into second grade is now an extremely confident reader and writer. She is also very successful in math. I am very happy with Maurice Hawk as the start to our daughter's schooling. Our son starts next year!

Posted February 08, 2007

Posted August 25, 2005
Excellent school. Friendly teacher, nice environment, lots for kids to do. This is probably one of the best elementary schools in West Windsor.

Maurice Hawk Elementary School