6-8 & Ungraded
Princeton Junction, NJ

Posted August 20, 2013
This is an amazing school with great programs, teachers, students, and a wonderful location. This schools test scores are close to perfect and the students work hard and productive each day in class without wishing they weren't in school. The staff are perfect and very respectful to the students; as the students are in return. This school deserves to win this because they and a 11/10 in my book.

Posted March 30, 2012
The person below me obviously has never been to this school, nor has he/she ever bothered to learn about the school records. Behold, the results of the American Diploma Project Test of 2011 in math: 7% of New Jersey has received an "advanced proficient" rating in Algebra 1, yet 30% of the entire school population received that same rating (675 or above out of 800). If those standards are low, then so is the IQ of the below reviewer. Has any other school walked away with trophies each year in orchestra competitions for about 9 years in a row? The Thomas R. Grover Middle School 8th grade orchestra has consistently received the highest cumulative scores in such competitions out of all age groups (high school, middle school, etc) and group types (band, orchestra, choir, etc). If such a school is considered "unruled" and "libertine" (obviously the below parent has never attended a school before), then everything else probably is. Although my opinion of the school may be slightly biased because I am a student at it, the facts speak for themselves.

Thomas R Grover Middle School 1

Posted December 28, 2011
This school is way over rated. It has a very low standards curriculum especially math. No challenge for the students, The teachers and counselours are not helping as they should and worse no dress code very unruled and libertine environment. No wonder this country is famous for bad schools and not smart students

Posted October 15, 2011
I am a graduate education student, my children attend Grover, and I substitute here. I am thoroughtly impressed by how each teacher I've encountered is teaching in the most research-correct manner. My graduate colleagues and professors are always impressed with the Grover stories I share in the graduate classroom. Learning is inquiry-based, behavioral support is positively framed, and staff seems to understand that middle schoolers are developmentally between children and adults.

Posted September 02, 2011
The School has wonderful teachers, a great learning potential and and friendly community. The teachers are deticated, and fun.

Posted July 22, 2011
Grover is so great! All the teachers and principals, and all the rest of the staff is so kind, and really helped me. Grover offers some leadership roles within the school, and one outside of the school. All the students are very nice, and the teachers are excellent at conveying information to them in a fun way. For kids who are very advanced, they have an advanced math program, and for kids who might not learn as quickly, they have a program for that too. This school does not ignore your student's special needs and how they learn. Grover encourages students to use their indvidual learning patterns to learn and teaches the students how they can use some of the skills taught in school in the real world. Grover has a great music program, their orchestra winning Music in the Parks 1st place every year. While Grover challenges the students academically, they do have fun activities such as team days, spirit days, and school dances. All students are also encouraged to join school clubs, academic teams, and sports teams.

Thomas R Grover Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2010
The teachers at this school are amazing and always ready to answer questions about the subject and assist with assignments. The Special Education program is good. Many after school activities are offered, including clubs and sports. Students have a choice in course(s) in seventh and eighth grades. Academically, the school is very challenging and demanding. The homework given is tedious and hard, and may take hours. However, it is a good learning environment. I would recommend Thomas R. Grover Middle School.

Posted April 14, 2010

Thomas R Grover Middle School 1

Posted January 07, 2010
Honestly, I am new here and I hate most of this school. The schedule is disastourous, many of the teachers are to normal and arent into what they are teaching. The curriculum is lame, the gym equiment is horrible (the badminton rackets are all, all, plastic) and there is really no choice in what you do. The students and principal is/are very nice. The system of how they work just doesnt make sense at all! And whats worst is they have a RECESS! That means that kids are still at an elementary age. I dislike GMS. Well atleast compared to my other school in Bellevue (Seattle), WA, which by the way is Odle Middle School, where it is amazing.

Thomas R Grover Middle School 0

Posted December 18, 2009
I have just finished up my student teaching experience at Grover this past week and I have nothing but great things to say about the students, the staff and the administration. I couldn't have felt more welcomed when I arrived every morning. Every staff member was always friendly and asked me how my experience was going. The students were wonderful to work with and I never once had a discipline problem. I am genuinely very sad that I have to leave Grover, because the quality of students and staff there is second to none. I would highly recommend Grover Middle School and the West Windsor-Plainsboro district to anyone looking for a good school district for their child.

Thomas R Grover Middle School
10 Southfield Road, Princeton Junction, NJ  08550
Last modified Thomas R Grover Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas R Grover Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top