PK-5 & Ungraded
Rahway, NJ

Franklin Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
Franklin has had some great challenges in the past. When Mrs. Robinson was promoted to the Principal position, she was thorough, professional, engaged with the children, staff and parents. She had to deal with a lot of drama from politically connected teachers & parent group cliques. Through it all she managed a clean ship. The programs were organized, she was accessible and the schools progress continued to grow in state required & recorded ways. Now that she was transferred to Madison, Franklin is back on shaky ground. A school is only as good as its leadership. There is no doubt that the new school administration cares. However, caring doesn't guarantee progress. The Rahway Superintendent singlehandedly ripped everything good from Franklin to please his followers; 1st VP Ms O'Connell, then Mrs Robinson. While politics prevail, our kids are the ones who suffer.

Posted February 10, 2013
The kindergarten class my son is in is wonderful. He is leaps and bounds ahead already.

Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2012
I have to agree with the other post. They teach to the test and not much else and it don't seem to mean much since the kids still do poorly on the tests. The staff can be rude the pta is run like a clique and its hard not to feel dissappointed. I wish I could afford to put my kida somewheee else. :(

Posted November 26, 2010
What are you basing your thoughts on that the school curriculum is behind? I monitor this very carefully, and have been suprised again & again by the abundance of work and testing tools in place challenging all levels of learning.

Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2010
The current principal is completely disengaged and disinterested in the students and the parents. The school has a full time anti bullying campaign, while neglecting the students academics which is reflected in the 30% state passing rate. The teachers are ok, my sons teacher was genuinely passionate about her job, but really didn't know how to bring out the best in her students. The VP and support staff are awesome, but the lack of leadership is killing that school. I pulled my son out after just one year -I was tutoring him at home everyday after school to keep him where he should be, the schools curriculum is definitely behind. Good thing I did that too, because now he is thriving at a blue ribbon private school 15 minutes away. It's not fair that my taxes have to support such a horrible performance!

Posted September 22, 2009

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted August 16, 2008

Franklin Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
The principal at this school is an excellent involved caring professional. The librarian has the capability to run the district. My child has had many wonderful teachers and a few who were out of touch with the emotional needs of children.Much attention is given to those with special needs, however those who are considered average may be lost in the sauce. The focus on Black History is relentless.

Franklin Elementary School 0

Posted March 05, 2008
My daughter Amanda has went to this school since Kindergarden. She loved it. Her grades were great. The teachers, and staff are wonderful and honest. They will tell you right away if there is a problem, and then work on fixing it. We moved away and they went to a new school, with a 9 out of ten rating, and guess what, she hated it and so did I. We are in the process of moving back.

Franklin Elementary School
1809 St Georges Ave, Rahway, NJ  07065
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top