Bad
Good

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2015
We transferred to this school earlier this year and have been very pleasantly surprised. The students are challenged, the school embraces technology. The staff is accessible, caring and very friendly. Most of the teachers are engaged and very approachable. Rating should be higher.

Posted April 09, 2014
My school is great. We have nice students and amazing teachers and principals. --- Improvements: -Add a page for searching test scores on website -More healthy lunches --- What i like: Our Staff Our Students Our School The lunches The equipment

Posted March 01, 2013
I have two daughters, one is in the middle school but my 9year old is in 3rd grade at Roosevelt and I love it. The staff is outstanding and the principal is very caring and loves all the kids. He goes above and beyond for them. The teachers are amazing and very helpful. I have been with this school for over 9 years and I love the closenes, the dedication and the love they all have for my girls. Cecilia

Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2012
My son is starting his first day in first grade tomorrow and I am hoping it is much better than his kindergarten year. He spent most of last year being bullied. I could never seem to get answers for my questions and most of the time I called the office number and would not get a response. I send my son to this school because it is regulation. I do hope that I can come back and give a better review this year.

Posted April 26, 2012
My son is enrolled in the kindergarten program and he has learned so much! His teacher is excellent and the teacher's aide is just as excellent. We haven't had any problems with bullying or behavioral issues in the school. From our experience, it just isn't tolerated. The teachers and front office staff are very nice. The school is clean and well kept. I was concerned because the school rating was so low but that rating isn't a true representation of the school. It's much better than a 3.

Roosevelt Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
So far my son is finding it hard to concentrate on his work because the toleration of bullying, and he's only in kindergarten. How is he suppose to get an good education when the staff doesn't provide a safe and secure place for him to learn. I plan on taking this to the school board is something is not done about it. What do we wait to their depressed and sad and commit suicide to something about it. I am going to take this far as I can take it and so should you.

Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2010
The administration does not seem to know what to do about the increasing bullying and violence in the school. Some of the younger teachers dress like they are at the club - setting an extremely poor example for our girl. The teachers teach to the NJASK test and not much else gets done. Roosevelt used to be a great school but no longer. The school cries out for strong, competent leadership AND staff diversity.

Roosevelt Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2010
I have 2 children in this school. One is in special needs classes. The school does not push the SE children to reach their potential until they reach the 5th grade, where the teacher is absolutely FABULOUS! My child started 5th grade with a reading level of 2.6 (meaning 6th month of 2nd grade) and left there this year with an almost 5th grade level. My other child gets bullied non-stop and cries every day to not go to school. The administration's answer is to make the bully apologize! I've been involved in this school for many years so I know all of the staff, some of which I am friends with. I think the violence has gotten out of control and the administration makes no secret of playing favorites (even the kids notice it!) and sweeping bad behavior under the rug. I wish I could afford to move away!!

Posted February 09, 2010
Our Daughter is enrolled in the kindergarten program. We love the school. The teachers are superior! The principal is wonderful. We feel the program is updated and on target!

Posted October 03, 2009
I am a parent of 3 children currently enrolled. They love it! I love it! An educational experience is truly what you put into it. My husband and I are very involved in their academic and extracurricular lives, thus they succed. Sadly, the school is old and the upper administration ought to be embarrased. The safety is much better this year than previous years. Lastly, Rahway is a great community for working families and I am honored to reside here.

811 St George Ave, Rahway, NJ  07065
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.