Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 07, 2016
This is a great school with a small town community feel. The classes are good size, I feel that my daughter gets a decent amount personal attention. The teachers seem very engaging and to be on the same page with one another. The new principal, Mr. Melando, is very hands on with the students and attends most school events making a point to say "Hi" to as many students and parents as he can. We feel very grateful to be apart of such a great community.

Posted January 24, 2014
Two of our children are in the Fairview school (been there from 2nd grade through 5th), and I applaud the entire staff from the helpful janitor, to the wonderful principle. The teachers have been so professional, and kind to the children as well. There are so many events that take place each month, and there is a very warm family atmosphere. The curriculum is very challenging, and not just centered around state aptitude tests, that just make a school look good. The principle is out every morning directing traffic, and seeing our children into the building safely. also, the parent involvement is second to none. The PTO works hard each year to host events, which ultimately end up benefiting the students, and future students as well. The school nurse is extra special as well. We are so proud to have our children in the Middletown system, and especially in the Fairview Elementary School.

Fairview Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2011
The curriculum at Fairview was acceptable, but at the same time, there were issues such as cyberbullying and harassment. These all happen in the fifth grade, and these students have the arrogant attitudes. There was profanity heard and there has also been substitute teachers or teachers whom are ignorant. I recall in fourth grade, I asked a teacher something and she was just irritable. A fourth grader? Really? There is a difference between tough and unprofessional. Anyhow, the school has a young principal, whom is a good role model, and nice computer and music teachers. However, some of the teachers have been horrible in the past, and are just unprofessional. I do grade schools very strictly, but this one has room for improvement.

Fairview Elementary School 3

Posted August 10, 2011
Over the course at my years of Fairview School, I thought it was great. Nice teachers, but some of them, particularly the 5th grade teachers, have been known to treat students like they are going into college. They put too much pressure on them. Even though it helps the student excel, there is a more helpful way of doing this. Also, I noticed that one teacher has said a slightly profane word when a girl had her pencil box disorganized. This was unnecessary and they were a third grade teacher. Other times I would see that some teachers would just be very tired of students and would just want them to be quiet. Otherwise, the school has a friendly principal who is an excellent young role model and the computer and music teachers are very nice.

Fairview Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2010
My daughter is graduating from Fairview this year and I must say that I wish I could take the faculty with us to Bloomfield Middle School. My 6th grader has excelled throughout her time at Farview and she was also challenged by the teachers. I'm grateful for her having a good starting point and that was at Fairview. The person who complained about not being allowed in the school. It's my hope they continue to protect the children and follow school protocol.

Fairview Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2010
My daughters would still be in this school if we had not moved due to a job in another state. We found the school to be excellent with the exception of some limitations placed on it by space constraints such as rolling cart library, etc. Our 5th grader and our Kindergartener were both challenged and excelled under the guidance of their teachers.

Fairview Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2009
My son just started here and I'm very disappointed. The school is very disorganized, and just not put together very well. The drop off and pick up is a mess and children are just left to fend for themselves. Parents aren't allowed into the building except for the select few PTO. I'm trying to find a private school that will take my son b/c I do NOT trust this school with my child.

Posted June 22, 2008
My son attended 1st Grade at Fairview this year and he excelled in academics. The new principal is young and focused on improving the school each year. The PTA is very active and always there to support the teachers and students. I would recommend this school to any family or friend!

Fairview Elementary School
230 Cooper Rd, Red Bank, NJ  07701
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.