3-8 & Ungraded
Red Bank, NJ

Posted April 02, 2014
My school is the best of all the staff is great my scoolmates They are all that. we learn we have fun we even have Grate HONORS. I can just go on and on about how Grate my school is.

Red Bank Middle School 2

Posted November 22, 2013
I have substituted at RBMS many times. The teachers at this school are extremely talented and work harder with less support than in any other district I have worked in. However, the data speaks for itself. It is not "ridiculously biased" data. It's important for parents to rely on test scores/data to make informed decisions. Perhaps the "parent and educator" who commented on the stellar education that his/her kids are receiving @ the Primary School is a member of the board and is sheltered from the reality of the problems? It saddens me to read that a teacher is using his/her profession to mislead families. My opinions about this school are based on my first-hand experience there, not by my teaching credentials or what the Superintendent tried to get me to buy into. The abrupt departure of the former Superintendent, who "retired" 3 days into the new school year, speaks for itself. This may finally allow for positive changes to be made. There are great teachers at this school, but great teachers can not fix a broken system. It's never too late, but it will take much work.

Red Bank Middle School 1

Posted November 15, 2013
Students are 2-3 years behind grade level. Lots of coloring. Nobody seems alarmed. Most concerned parents find a way to send their kids elsewhere if they are able. Board is disengaged, most of them have no kid in the schools. Many parents have given up since nobody shows up at board meetings. The board continued to give total control to the superintendent who always maintained that things are good and getting better. Superintendent micromanaged teachers and forced them to dumb down curriculum to pass kids through that should not pass. Superintendent has resigned, but it's yet to be seen if things will ever get better.

Posted June 18, 2011
We moved to Red Bank for the second half of 8th grade. I cannot comment on the school at large, but the time my child spent there was among the best of his school career. The administration, teachers and kids were welcoming and the curriculum/academic services on par with our prior school - Mendham Middle. The before/after clubs and activities were outstanding, including the tennis program led by community advocate David Prown. There are 16 after school programs to choose from, including martial arts, homework, video production, chess and more. We had a great experience here! I am impressed with the leadership of Superintendent Dr. Laura Morana and the teachers of this school. They are very committed to furthering the educational and personal development of this diverse school.

Posted December 19, 2008
This school is full of opportunities for students, from a jazz band that plays the local festivals to drama programs to robotics to video production. The teachers and administrators really care about the kids, too.

Red Bank Middle School 0

Posted August 26, 2008
I used to be a student at this school. It was great! The classes weren't too big, the teachers acted like they actually wanted to be there, instead of acting like it was just a job. We had gifted and talented programs, music, art, plays, technology... any and everything you can think of!

Posted August 24, 2008

Red Bank Middle School 1

Posted August 29, 2007

Posted May 01, 2007
Excellent diverse athmosphere with proficent school wide procedures. Bravo to its staff and principal!

Red Bank Middle School 2

Posted February 27, 2006
This school has some very fine programs aimed at elevating achievement, growth potential and exposure to the arts. In addition there are some fine professionals who show enormous committment to the youth. That being said there are many issues that have not been delt with that continue to hold back not only the school, but also the district. One is continuity and execution of a concise plan for recovery by the administration. People come and people go;however, the population of students remains and cannot benefit from stalled efforts to make systematic changes. We would like to see an honest and detailed commitment on the part of staff and administrators to address learning needs, enrichment opportunities, as well as long term planning and instruction. Since this school, as many throughout the country, has experienced major demographic changes in the last decade, there remains to be vast growth potential for racial tolerance.

Red Bank Middle School
101 Harding Road, Red Bank, NJ  07701
Last modified Red Bank Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Bank Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top