Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

We have been part of the Red Bank School District since 2010 and the Middle school since 2014. The level of education my daughter receives there is second to none. The entire faculty take care of not only our childrens education, they take care of the "whole" child.. My daughter is in a wonderfully diverse school which is in exact relation to the town (and world) she lives in. It upsets me when I hear people talk badly about our schools. Perhaps they should actually come in, take a tour, meet our staff and talk to the children.. and see how well they are doing.. Our superintendent is an incredible man who has done an amazing job here..

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school's teachers, support staff, and administration all model their love of learning; and in doing so create the tenets of a fair, honest, and compassionate learning community. Students rise to and commit to the standard.

I am a parent of an incoming 6th grader who is looking forward to the challenges of Honors classes, the cross-disciplinary academic investigations, teachers who are fluent in multiple-intelligences and modalities, and the drive and experience to model and support a wide range of learners and needs in reaching a very high bar of expectation. That said, and I know from years in Red Bank, that old biases and state reports color people's expectations and understanding of our school. To that point: I am a 20 year veteran teacher in a nationally top-rated school district who understands pedagogy, test scores, the variables which affect testing outcomes, and I believe in this school for my child. RBMS supports the efforts of the district to provide high level academic engagement opportunities for my child. The teachers have conversations on the level about my child as a whole, not just his test scores or behaviors. My child will be prepared for a rigorous high school experience. If you are reading the reviews on this site as you prepare to buy a house in Red Bank, please reach out to the Superintendent of our schools and ask for parent contacts - we would be more than happy to talk to you about the history, growth, and most importantly, the successes of our schools despite years of abysmal under-funding and misinformation.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Both of my children are thriving at the Red Bank Middle School. I'm not sure why this school has a rating of three? I think this website needs to be updated. Last year our algebra one 8th grade students not only scored higher (in standardized testing) then the Red Bank Charter School ....they also scored higher then the prestigious towns of Rumson, Fairhaven and Princeton. ..many of our sub groups also scored higher then RBCS...The Red Bank Middle is a SAFE place where children flourish not only academically but within the arts...we also offer strings, band, robotics, Chinese and homework clubs ( just to mention a few).Our children are smart, respectful, hard working and an asset to the community of Red Bank. Our Superintendent is our "Superman "....he tells our kids to "Dream Big" and indeed they do....Black, White, Latino. ..we are one at the Red Bank Middle School.Come take a tour...speak to our administration. ...See how great our schools truly are .#RBBisBIA

This is an amazing school. We have had such a great experience. I have three children, one has just graduated with honors, one is entering 8th grade and one entering 4th. The teachers are dedicated, talented and very approachable. I look forward to the coming years at RBMS.

Our middle schools is a very exciting, safe and thriving environment for ALL of the KIDS in Red Bank. My two daughters will be there this Fall and I couldn't be more happy with the level of education, extra curricular activities - sports, arts and music programs and above all the teachers and admin. Because ppl care about standardize tests, I will tell you my daughter (and many of her peers) do way above average. The superintendent of our Borough schools goes above and beyond to make our schools the Best in America and his staff support him every step of the way. #rbbisbia

Develops character: Strongly agree

without doubt we have character building classes and staff that instill these values in our children

My school is the best of all the staff is great my scoolmates They are all that. we learn we have fun we even have Grate HONORS. I can just go on and on about how Grate my school is.

I have substituted at RBMS many times. The teachers at this school are extremely talented and work harder with less support than in any other district I have worked in. However, the data speaks for itself. It is not "ridiculously biased" data. It's important for parents to rely on test scores/data to make informed decisions. Perhaps the "parent and educator" who commented on the stellar education that his/her kids are receiving @ the Primary School is a member of the board and is sheltered from the reality of the problems? It saddens me to read that a teacher is using his/her profession to mislead families. My opinions about this school are based on my first-hand experience there, not by my teaching credentials or what the Superintendent tried to get me to buy into. The abrupt departure of the former Superintendent, who "retired" 3 days into the new school year, speaks for itself. This may finally allow for positive changes to be made. There are great teachers at this school, but great teachers can not fix a broken system. It's never too late, but it will take much work.

Students are 2-3 years behind grade level. Lots of coloring. Nobody seems alarmed. Most concerned parents find a way to send their kids elsewhere if they are able. Board is disengaged, most of them have no kid in the schools. Many parents have given up since nobody shows up at board meetings. The board continued to give total control to the superintendent who always maintained that things are good and getting better. Superintendent micromanaged teachers and forced them to dumb down curriculum to pass kids through that should not pass. Superintendent has resigned, but it's yet to be seen if things will ever get better.

Last modified Red Bank Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.