No rating

Red Bank Primary School

Public | PK-3 & ungraded

Posted April 15, 2012

As a parent and an educator, I am so happy that we choose Red Bank Primary School over other schools in our town. Although other schools test scores are higher than ours..everyone needs to look at the bigger picture.. Our school is diverse both economically and racially... to compare our schools on the basis of tests scores is ridiculous. My Son came into kindergarten with very little reading skills and left reading on at least a second grade level. My once shy little girl who has an articulation disorder is now doing wonderfully thanks to the amazing services Red Bank primary school provides and her amazing kindergarten teacher. As a special education teacher [with over 15 years of experience] and a developmental therapist I can not praise this school enough. I urge everyone who has a school age child to at least be open minded enough to look at our school...and not ridiculously biased test scores.

Posted March 24, 2012

We are very happy with our decision to remain with the rbps. All of the teachers we have come in contact with over the years are smart, dedicated and very happy. They meet and exceed everything i have expected for my children's education. It may appear that the needs of our children vary greatly, but what i do know for 100 percent is that the majority of K students leave reading. It is impressive considering the differences in home/native languages. Additionally with the support of such a well known and respected superintendent i feel so lucky, nothing will get past her and her dedication. The parents that i know in the school are raising very well mannered and behaved kids. We all come from varied backgrounds but want the best for our kids and that uniites us. Additionally there is a group of highly dedicated parents really behind the rbps and making it the best it can be. If you have any doubts, please visit the school and meet the staff and students and learn about the curriculum and all of the programs including strings, theatre, arts and more.

Posted April 17, 2011

As a mother of a child in Kindergarten at Red Bank Primary I have only the highest praise for this school ! my daughter is thriving at school and is reading at a first grade level. She is happy and loves school. She is challenged with her school work and we see what work she is given every day and her Dad and I are very impressed. The teachers keep in constant contact with us and we feel such a part of her overall education. I know this school as received a bad reputation in the past... people need to STOP living in the past and LOOK at what Red Bank Primary has achieved NOW it is a WONDERFUL school and is giving our daughter a WONDERFUL education !

Posted September 16, 2009

The teachers and other staff are very dedicated and enthusiastic about teaching the children.

Posted December 19, 2008

We have been very happy with the teachers and administrators here. They have been very flexible in accommodating our kids needs.

Posted January 4, 2008

As the mother of a kindergardener, I am happy to say that my once shy little girl is thriving in her red bank primary school class. She didn't have the full day pre-school experience that most of the others had so I was worried as to her learning as quickly. Its only January and her reading progress has really surprised me. In a class of 17, she is still nurtured by her 2 teachers, Frazee/Gallagher. I feel satisfied that she is in good hands while away all day. The only complaint I have so far about the school overall is that they have very limited access to a playground. My active child is still exhausted after a full day and all in all I thik the whole experience has so far been positive.

Posted August 5, 2005

As a parent and an educator, I find that the Red Bank Primary School is one of the best schools around. The school provides my daughter with a diverse mix of students,and also has one of the best curriculums I know of. The school has a balanced Literacy program that has sent my daughters test scores into the top 99%. The math program is also excellent as well as the fine arts. I feel extremly lucky that my daughter is attending the school, and would reccomend this school over any other school in Red Bank!

Posted November 14, 2004

I love this school from the school were my child came from she learn nothing there. the teachers are best. my child loves being there also. she told her self. its the best. it was hard at the being but she has found place for self. I'm happy and so is my child. We need more teachers like all over NJ.

Posted July 3, 2004

just a great place for kids. none better. this staff really goes the extra mile, again and again. administrators work well with all. teachers work all summer in programs to help learners. tje place to be.

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 66% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

2010

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

119 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

2010

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts literacy and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in science. The NJ ASK is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts Literacy

Non-migrant58%
Limited English Proficient Current Plus Former39%
Limited English Proficient Former58%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the New Jersey Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

n/a

n/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Biology Competency Test (NJBCT) to assess students in Biology. The New Jersey Biology Competency Test (NJBCT) is standards-based, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the test.

Biology I

Non-migrantn/a
Limited English Proficient Current Plus Formern/a
Limited English Proficient Formern/a

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 85%N/A34%

• Mrs Erin Mulligan- Pierre

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

222 River Street