7-12 & Ungraded
Ridgefield Park, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,224

Ridgefield Park Jr Sr High School 5

Posted April 22, 2014
I attended the school when i was young, and my daughter is now a Senior at the high school and we moved from a really bad town, the teachers and the staff are always involved with the evolution of the students education. Big thumbs up.

Posted October 03, 2009
The school prepared my daughter very well for college with their patience, assistance and curriculum. That is why I nominate Ridgefield Park Jr. Sr. High School.

Posted June 21, 2009
I presently have 2 children in this school who have done extremely well. Both maintain honors and are very involved in sports and clubs. I think our principal is by far the best in the state. He knows many of the students and parents and can frequently be seen interacting with them. I believe he has the respect of his students and faculty as well as many of the parents. I also think we have many great teachers who really do care about the kids. I am very pleased with our high school. My kids are good kids who are looking to go to quality colleges and I feel will be able to do well there.

Posted December 09, 2007
Not impressed at all. Administrators as well as most of the teachers act like they do not care about a child's education. Although there are some exceptional teachers who really do not belong in this district, once they leave it will all fall apart. The kids do seem to rule the school due to weak leaders. With different administrators this school might have a chance.

Posted May 15, 2006
its too bad that the administration doesnt connect more with the teachers, as they let some really good ones go in order to 'honor' how everyone is related or is connected somehow. this year (2005-6) some teachers made amazing connections with my child, and yet admin. decided to have them leave. I am convinced its because of politics-

Posted March 13, 2006
Has improved a great deal since I moved there 5 years ago. The new principal has made that change happen. Great academic programs. Not too many extracurricular activities available though. Parent involvement I don't believe is very high although they encourage it a great deal.

Ridgefield Park Jr Sr High School 4

Posted January 28, 2005
My son is a senior in the High School. His 7th, 8th, and 9th grades were rough due to the lack of interest from teachers and administrators. However, since the new Superintendent, Principal, Vice Principal and Disciplinarian, I would recommend this school. My hat s off to Eric Koenig, BIG heart, he loves the children and it shows! The Teachers are happier due to this new administration. High praise for all, keep up the great work!

Ridgefield Park Jr Sr High School 4

Posted September 29, 2004
My daughter is currently a freshman at RPJSHS. In the 8th grade she was chosen to take the SAT and her test results were 1140. I'd say that has just as much to do with the teaching as with my child wanting to learn.

Posted July 22, 2004
I went to Ridgefield Park HS for 7,8 and the beginning of 9.Now Im in 10th at Thomas Jefferson in Jefferson Hills PA.While I loved the school,in 7 grade,through the year,we had 4 different pre-algebra teachers.They have great music and art programs tho!

Posted August 26, 2003
This school has a high turnover of teachers, therefore it makes the quality of education lower. They do not properly prepare the students for test. The guidance counselors are not available to the parent and teacher as needed. I have had two children graduate from this high school and now I have another child in this high school, I have seen the quality of education steadily go downhill.

1 Ozzie Nelson Drive, Ridgefield Park, NJ  07660
Last modified Ridgefield Park Jr Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgefield Park Jr Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top