9-12 & Ungraded
Roselle, NJ

Abraham Clark High School 4

Posted March 23, 2011
I am a graduate of ACHS and the school is not what's terrible. The teachers are overall great. There are so many activities for students. The teachers are very helpful when they are needed. I also was in the ROTC program and it inspired me. Like any other school if students are not focused of course they will drop out. I have succeeded, college graduate and gladly made it in Dentistry. Another graduate became a professional football player. Parents are another problem, they dont join the PTA meetings to speak about the issues in Roselle, half of the parents do not even follow up with the teachers nor bother to meet with them. Not to mention they also have an excellent Health Occupations program to help excell students in medicine and have the chance of recieving college credits.Also,helps students choose a career in medicine. The teachers are great! My mom is one and she stays over her usual time to help the students excell and make sure that they pass their marking period. To the parents in Roselle it's a bother to call them and let them know how their child is performing! If the parents do not care what more would you excpect from teachers?

Abraham Clark High School 1

Posted May 25, 2010
Roselle schools are a disgrace. Poor management from the top down. Roselle schools are failing across the board. Ranked 283 out of 316. Poor SAT and standardize testing score averages. Test scores averages are way below the state average and lower than every other school in Union County except for Plainfield. Majority of the school staff, administration and school board do not want to hear from concerned parents. They do have a handful of good personnel but VERY FEW!!!! The district is known for ignoring issues that can be fixed if they are addressed. They have a reputation for ignoring student needs hoping kids age out and drop out. Only kids that are willing to put in work will succeed if they attend any Roselle School. The rest will be left behind.

Abraham Clark High School 3

Posted March 12, 2010
Is very disappointing to hear that students from other districts attend this school, since I tried all the other districts around and had a straight no for an answer. ACHS was my last choice. I agree with the previous comment about the ridiculous amount of taxes we pay in such a small town and you don't see where the money is going, especially having such poor school system.

Abraham Clark High School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
this school is a mess.. My daughter attends this school. This is her first experience in a public school. My child is suffering. I am trying mmy best to get her out. i pay very high taxes, and it is unfair i have to look into private school which i probaly cant afford. The school has children attending who dont even live in the district. the school is not safe. My daughter is constantly telling me about the SENIORS who make advances at her ( an eight grader). She is in danger of failing the 8th grade . This school is the worst. No dress code. my daughter was an A/B student.

Abraham Clark High School 4

Posted January 20, 2010
I am a graduate of this school. As with anything if you put forth the effort you will do well. I excelled and held leadership roles in numerous extracurricular activities during my 4 yrs at the school. JROTC, football, home ec club, business club, student government and quite a few others. And due to a lack of interest of most other students, when you shine in this environment it is easy for everyone to see your hard work and determination. You reap what you sew !

Abraham Clark High School 5

Posted November 02, 2009
I attened this school an even though i had a really bad start at the end it was all worth it because it made me better person

Abraham Clark High School 5

Posted August 28, 2009

Abraham Clark High School 1

Posted January 30, 2009

Abraham Clark High School 2

Posted June 07, 2007

Abraham Clark High School 3

Posted December 28, 2006
I have two children in this school both of whom are Honor Roll students one of which is being enrolled in the National Honor Society this year. They are excelling in all areas of their lives. sports, etc. Like all schools there are children who aren't there to learn, fortunately my children are choosing their associates wisely which parents have to teach them at home. Teachers call home whenever there is a problem. (They all know who I am. I go to the school not write letters) Unfortunately most of the parents are not involved this is where the problems come in. My daughter who is an 11th grader this year took the practice SAT this year and scored high. Ultimately it is up to the student as in any high school.

Abraham Clark High School
122 East 6th Ave, Roselle, NJ  07203
(908) 298-2004
Last modified Abraham Clark High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Clark High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top