1-4 & Ungraded|Public district
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am very proud to share that our mantra is working towards excellence in school (W.E.S.). We strive to nurture our students, meet their needs, cultivate their interests, and help them grow academically and socially. We recognize that each child is an individual and each brings unique talents to our learning community; that's what makes WES so special. At WES, children come first!
June 04, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted November 19, 2015
A caring school! Children learn skills for the future in school and life. A school to be proud of.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 04, 2014

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted June 02, 2014
This school has a new principal. She is doing a good job. She cares about her students the staff and the parents. It is going to take time to change this school.

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2013
My child s teachers are wonderful. He is in an inclusion class. The teachers are organized and help my child to the best of his ability. He will be moving up the LVM soon and I hope that he can have teachers that will treat him and teach him the way they are this year. We have been in this school for over 10 years and love it.

Washington Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
There is a genuine interest in the children

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2007
Terrible School. I agree with the above poster. Your child would be better off learning at home than to attend Washington.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2004
The school can really use some improvements. Aides in the class rooms would really be helpful to the teachers and students. My child is in their last year here and /I am really glad if I had a choice 'I would transfer but I don't have a choice.

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted June 21, 2004
I definitely agree with the other parent, this school system needs some serious help. Most of the teachers are there for the paycheck and do not give seem to care if the kids are learning or not. At this point I am so frustrated I am looking into selling my house and get out before another child gets caught in this horrible system.

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2004
If you are considering enrolling your child at htis school...don't do it you would be better off keeping your kid at home and allowing a pcakof wolves to teach him or her...25 kids crammed into a classroom (kindergarden) no aid the teacher looks exhausted and cleraly freustrated by 10:30 no regular recess they complaint its too difficult to take taht many kids out at a time, duh! Principal has the nerve to tell me well by law we aren't required to have an aid wiht under 26 kids...not required and unwilling are two different things, no after school activities no pre or after care its a waste land [parents had to complaint o get them to keep bathroooms clean yet every other day its some fundraiser or school assembly. I'd rather my kid learn at school not go to a yo-yo assembly...stay away at all costs.

Washington Elementary School
50l Washington Avenue, Roselle, NJ  07203
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. (908) 298-2072
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.