K-2 & Ungraded
S Orange, NJ

Posted May 05, 2014
Marshall is a fantastic school with a highly involved parent community. Because the school is only K-2, it is a very nurturing environment for young children. The new principal, Ms. Samuels, seems very competent and responsive. My child has been very happy with the school, and she seems to be thriving there. We love going to events at the school and getting together with other Marshall families.

Posted July 09, 2011
I found the principal to be very willing to address my concerns as a parent. She has excellent interpersonal skills and is willing to take time out of her schedule to meet with concerned parents. The teachers are cery involved. Overall a very good school and pleasant environment.

Marshall Elementary School 3

Posted July 07, 2011
Good teachers, but horrible principal. My first child made it through the school without any contact with the principal, but my second child was not so fortunate. A situation arose in the class and the Principal, Dr. Allen, refused to speak to any of the parents in the class and left the children upset and confused. The principal lacks the sensitivity, judgment, compassion and responsiveness for a person who is dealing with young children and their parents. I hope to never have any reason to deal with her ever again. If I had younger children, I would send them to Seth Boyden.

Marshall Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2011
This school is fine for the typical child, but beware if your child does not fall under the bell curve. I found the administration to be rigid and uncreative in addressing my child's needs, therefore he will be attending Seth Boyden in the Fall.

Posted May 15, 2011
We love this school and especially the principal Dr. Allen. Our son will be in second grade in the fall and has had a great experience. Our daughter will start kindergarten at Marshall and we know she will thrive at this school.

Marshall Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2011
It is a wonderful school run by a caring and passionate principal. The kids are in good hands everyday....love it.

Posted November 29, 2010
This is a darling school. The teachers are wonderful. If you have a child with special needs, he/she will be taken care of and thrive. The inside of the school is happy and pleasant. I've been at Marshall for four years and I absolutely love it.

Posted September 23, 2010
I went for the 'Back to school night' yesterday. I was so impressed with the principle Dr Allen and her teachers. They are the passionate and sociable bunch. I am so happy the way the school is run with great leadership. Thumbs up!

Posted February 07, 2010
Happy withthe school, teachers, over all quality and attention to Child's needs.

Posted January 08, 2009