No rating

St. Stanislaus Kostka School

Private | PK-8 | 215 students

Living in Sayreville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $245,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Posted November 24, 2013

St. Stan's use to be a great school. Last year was a total waste of a year for the middle school. They did away with top notch accelerated reading and math programs. It was said that after careful consideration and interviews with teachers and parents it was not helping the children, but "forcing" them to read. This parent was not "interviewed". Bottom line - $. It was too expensive for them to continue it. They are so behind in math, that when students graduate and enter high school, they have to take remedial classes or have to a tutor to bring them up to par. Their "Advanced Math", that is what they call it, is not advanced and the students in that class are being misled. It's a notch above basic, if that. After last year, I wonder if the teachers teaching were certified to teach their subject. They also seem to be behind with conforming to the "common core". Enrollment is way, way down at this school. I hear that one class has only 8 kids. Really! Hopefully, St. Stan's hired some "qualified" middle school teachers. Glad my child graduated because if she had another year at the school, I, too, would have pulled her out.

Posted November 21, 2013

Be careful, this school cares more about your childs uniform and discipline than education. Update: the first new principal did away with the accelerated reading and math program. Although there are a few very good teachers, at the 6th,7th & 8th grade level, last year there were some horrible teachers, some who weren't even certified to teach the subjects they attempted to teach. People in charge don't correct problems until they get massive push back from parents. Many parents pulled their children from this school last year. The devil is in the details, the school is worth a look but there are better alternatives offering a better academic atmosphere and extracurricular activities.

Posted December 16, 2012

St. Stanislaus Kostka School offers Excellence In Education in a Catholic Environment. The Private School is located in Sayreville, New Jersey. Their school website is located at http://www.ststanislauskostkaschool.com The Grade Levels that are offered are Pre-K through Grade 8. Advanced Math and Advanced Reading are offered, as well as Art, World Language, Music, and Technology. My experience has been that the Teachers care about the students and demonstrate it every day. The students are respectful toward each other. Part of the Mission Statement mentions the commitment to encourage each child to reach his or her potential, kindle a life-long commitment to learning, and to foster respect for individual rights. I am convinced that you will have a pleasant experience, when you visit the school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 5, 2012

As a current HSA member, I am a little disappointed about the reviews that state the HSA is "clicky". I give a lot of my time to the school, and welcome anyone who would like to help. Board members work very hard to make school events successful, often sacrificing our own family time to do so. Anyone who would like to help is invited to contact us.

Posted November 3, 2012

School is excellent in terms of education for my child, however, as its been noted in several other reviews that school HSA group is very clicky. Communication about key school issues and announcements should come from the school directly to all parents, not through HSA members Facebook pages!! All parents should have a clear open communication to staff members of school not through hearsay or rumors by HSA board members. Very clicky HSA, because my child loves her teacher so much is why I do like the school, but I do not plan on participating in the program next year and I'm sure there is other parents that feel the same exact way.

Posted September 17, 2012

I transfered my child to this school in 2nd grade and have to agree with the student review about the art and gym. My child has not brought me one significant piece of work since attending this school. As far as sports, its non-existent, no rules, regulations and terms taught. I cannot say enough about my childs progression for grades 2 thru 5 it was the best years ever. I HAVE TO disagree with the Middle School review it is horrendous! I am at the point of pulling my child from this school, the lack of skills on the teachers part is an abomination to the system. My childs basic test scores have plummeted. Parent involvement and community are the only reasons I am hanging in, but that is not helping my child. If you are looking for a nurturing and advanced elementary school to send your child than St. Stan's is the place, the teachers are very involved and really motivate children to do their best. My child would cry when they had to miss school because they missed the teacher and the atmosphere. Nowadays is a totally different story, I have to fight everyday to get them to go to school. As I am typing this I am aswering my own dilema and I know it's time for a change.

Posted January 27, 2010

I have been a student at St. Stans since Pre-K and love the school!!! I am currently in Middle School and experience the everyday life of a Middle School student. Like someone else said the school feels like a family and I feel very safe there!!! I have learned so much through my years at St. Stans and agree that the teacher are the best!!! The only bad thing is I wish we could have someone better to teach us Art and Gym. We always do the same thing in gym and always free-draw in Art. The Middle School Teachers are great and easy to talk to and I think its great when we get to see our elementary teachers all year. The principal is also great and real easy to talk to and listens to your problems. I wouldn't want to go any other place!!!!

Posted April 18, 2009

This is actually a very very good school. The education is great and the teachers are very good with kids. The hsa IS cliquey though. The students come home with smiles on theyre faces.

Posted February 19, 2009

My name is Megan and I am an HSA Board member. While it is obvious that I am pleased with St. Stan's I am also disappointed that some of our school parents feel left out. I can assure you that anyone who wants to be actively involved in our event planning and fund raising is always welcome;especially those who are willing to roll up their sleeves and donate their time. We have several meetings througout the year where new ideas are always welcome. Also, our board is comprised of volunteer parents who serve a 2 year term. If anyone is interested in joining the board, nomination requests will be sent out in the near future. If you would like some details on the responsibilities entailed, please feel free to contact me directly.

Posted February 4, 2009

I am a student at st. stans curently. I am in the 7th grade. I have been going to this school since preschool. I liked going here up until around 5th grade. Classmates where getting mean and gossiping. It has gotten a little better but it still goes on. Other than that, this school is great. I have friends in all different classes. It feels like my family because i have been with the same people pretty much my whole life. The teachers are okay. Some i like more than others. I really like how the school incorporates religion into our daily activities.

Posted December 20, 2008

I'm a student at St. Stan's. Currently I am in the 7th grade. All my teachers are great and help me learn new things, and help me with the stuff i need/ed to work on. Even though the teachers in the Middle School are strict when it comes to school, they do know how to have fun. Instead of talking and draining out our brains we get to discuss it with other classmates, and do a lot of group projects. The students can be mean at sometimes, but hey! its middle school. I've been at St. Stan's since Kindergarten, and i grew up with the school, and my classmates, and i really wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted December 7, 2008

St. Stan's principal is fabulous, but the families are very, very cliquish - especially the HSA - they NEVER let new blood into their group - like a cult. The education is top notch, though, which is why we stay.

Posted August 29, 2007

St. Stan's is a shining example of what a Catholic School education should be. In addition to the top rate teachers, the administration goes above and beyond to provide a safe nurturing environment for our students.

Posted February 25, 2007

I think that st.stans is a great school to send your child. I attended St.Stan's and know first hand that if you are looking for a safe, nurturing, family-like environment for your child, than St. Stan's is definitely that place to go. I made friends that feel more like family to me, since I've been with them for various years. The teachers are all wonderful, and I know I can trust them if I have a problem in anything, school work or even personal things. Since the school is small, they really come together as a community on all occasions. I would recommend this school to anyone, because it teaches the children to have good morals and value that will benefit them all through life. I love it! & since this is my last year, I will remember

Posted February 18, 2007

My children attend St. Stans and it is a wonderful environment as far as education,nurturing, and discipline. One complaint though is being one of the few minorities it really disturbs me that every staff member is white! I think that the administration should really look into that. As a parent that does make me feel a little uncomfortable. I also know for certain that my children have noticed it because they have questioned it. Other than that the school is great! The principal Mrs. Samim is very concerned about each child as an individual which makes the children truly work harder. The teachers all really work hard to see that the children Achieve they are preparing these children for the future also giving them morals that will carry them into a life of success!

Posted December 17, 2006

St. Stans is the BEST school out there. I have two children in the school,one is in pre-k and the other is in 1st grade and let me tell you my wife and I LOVE this place. I would just like to see Both parents to be involved more with the school actives.

Posted February 26, 2006

Excellent Pre-K program with a wonderful teacher. My childs first school experience and I can't believe she learned so much both academically and emotionally.

Posted January 16, 2006

They have excellent Kindergarten program. My son learns so much during his K-year. The teacher is very professional and patient.

Posted October 1, 2004

I am very pleased with St. Stan's Accelerated Programs. They truly offer excellence in education. The children also have a very strong faith dimension. I am very happy that we chose this school. Also, the parents are very welcoming and there are so many activities for parents to participate in.

Posted September 23, 2004

My child has been a student at St. Stan's for the past 3 years and every year just gets better and better. The importance of education and Catholic values are taught hand in hand. Aside from a riggorous cirriculum, this school offers a broad range of extra-ciricular activities and also provides students with fun activities such as a Halloween Parade, Christmas musical and Field Day, just to name a few. St. Stan's continues to raise the bar for Catholic Education.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Edward Robinson -Technology Coordinator
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (732) 254-7220

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Metuchen