Sayreville, NJ

Posted January 04, 2015
I am so lucky to be a part of St. Stan's School! The students are respectful and high-achieving, and the staff members are always supportive. Good Christian values are an important part of our school. Our students go out of their way to make new friends, include everyone, as well as understand and accept differences. I am proud of my students every day.

Posted December 11, 2014
This school has done an amazing job of staying on top of current educational trends while not losing touch with its Catholic Identity. I am proud that my children will graduate from a school that provides them with a top notch education in a place where everyone feels like family and they belong to something wonderful!

Posted December 11, 2014
I could not be happier to be apart of the St.Stans school/family. I have 2 boys in the school and this our forth year. Academically they have adopted the common core curriculum. The material provided always pushes my children to learn and strive to be their best. If at anytime my child is struggling with a topic the teacher is ALWAYS willing to stay after school to assist them achieve the best possible outcome. At St. Stan's they learn the importance of kindness and respect. St. Stan's provides a number of activities for the children outside of academics. The children have clubs (wiffle ball, chorus, drama, book, etc..) Halloween party and tricky tray, Santa workshop, free lunches and breakfast for special occasions, dances, student of the month, musical performances,and so much more. I could not be happier with this school.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
I feel this school has no equality what so ever. The teachers, are very mean, and nasty, and feel they can say anything to there students. Students in that school are bullies.I hated that school so much I transferd to Sayreville middle school. DON'T ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE. I suggest you find another school.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School 1

Posted November 24, 2013
St. Stan's use to be a great school. Last year was a total waste of a year for the middle school. They did away with top notch accelerated reading and math programs. It was said that after careful consideration and interviews with teachers and parents it was not helping the children, but "forcing" them to read. This parent was not "interviewed". Bottom line - $. It was too expensive for them to continue it. They are so behind in math, that when students graduate and enter high school, they have to take remedial classes or have to a tutor to bring them up to par. Their "Advanced Math", that is what they call it, is not advanced and the students in that class are being misled. It's a notch above basic, if that. After last year, I wonder if the teachers teaching were certified to teach their subject. They also seem to be behind with conforming to the "common core". Enrollment is way, way down at this school. I hear that one class has only 8 kids. Really! Hopefully, St. Stan's hired some "qualified" middle school teachers. Glad my child graduated because if she had another year at the school, I, too, would have pulled her out.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School 2

Posted November 21, 2013
Be careful, this school cares more about your childs uniform and discipline than education. Update: the first new principal did away with the accelerated reading and math program. Although there are a few very good teachers, at the 6th,7th & 8th grade level, last year there were some horrible teachers, some who weren't even certified to teach the subjects they attempted to teach. People in charge don't correct problems until they get massive push back from parents. Many parents pulled their children from this school last year. The devil is in the details, the school is worth a look but there are better alternatives offering a better academic atmosphere and extracurricular activities.

Posted December 16, 2012
St. Stanislaus Kostka School offers Excellence In Education in a Catholic Environment. The Private School is located in Sayreville, New Jersey. Their school website is located at http://www.ststanislauskostkaschool.com The Grade Levels that are offered are Pre-K through Grade 8. Advanced Math and Advanced Reading are offered, as well as Art, World Language, Music, and Technology. My experience has been that the Teachers care about the students and demonstrate it every day. The students are respectful toward each other. Part of the Mission Statement mentions the commitment to encourage each child to reach his or her potential, kindle a life-long commitment to learning, and to foster respect for individual rights. I am convinced that you will have a pleasant experience, when you visit the school.

Posted November 05, 2012
As a current HSA member, I am a little disappointed about the reviews that state the HSA is "clicky". I give a lot of my time to the school, and welcome anyone who would like to help. Board members work very hard to make school events successful, often sacrificing our own family time to do so. Anyone who would like to help is invited to contact us.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School 4

Posted November 03, 2012
School is excellent in terms of education for my child, however, as its been noted in several other reviews that school HSA group is very clicky. Communication about key school issues and announcements should come from the school directly to all parents, not through HSA members Facebook pages!! All parents should have a clear open communication to staff members of school not through hearsay or rumors by HSA board members. Very clicky HSA, because my child loves her teacher so much is why I do like the school, but I do not plan on participating in the program next year and I'm sure there is other parents that feel the same exact way.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School 3

Posted September 17, 2012
I transfered my child to this school in 2nd grade and have to agree with the student review about the art and gym. My child has not brought me one significant piece of work since attending this school. As far as sports, its non-existent, no rules, regulations and terms taught. I cannot say enough about my childs progression for grades 2 thru 5 it was the best years ever. I HAVE TO disagree with the Middle School review it is horrendous! I am at the point of pulling my child from this school, the lack of skills on the teachers part is an abomination to the system. My childs basic test scores have plummeted. Parent involvement and community are the only reasons I am hanging in, but that is not helping my child. If you are looking for a nurturing and advanced elementary school to send your child than St. Stan's is the place, the teachers are very involved and really motivate children to do their best. My child would cry when they had to miss school because they missed the teacher and the atmosphere. Nowadays is a totally different story, I have to fight everyday to get them to go to school. As I am typing this I am aswering my own dilema and I know it's time for a change.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School
221 MacArthur Ave, Sayreville, NJ  08872
Last modified St. Stanislaus Kostka School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Stanislaus Kostka School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top