PK-4 & Ungraded
Scotch Plains, NJ

Posted January 18, 2014
We love Coles Elementary. It's a school with a dedicated and caring staff. It's a safe and child friendly setting. Not on a main road, but easily accessible from Terrill Road. There's a playground at the back of the school, and a field to the left of the school for sports and games. There's a path behind the school that connects with Allenby Lane so children from the cul-de-sacs off Cooper road can walk to school without having to go all the way around via Terrill Road. It is surrounded by fine homes on one acre properties. The school is exceptionally well maintained, the classes and hallways are always spotless and nicely decorated with student work and art. Coles Elementary is wonderful!

Posted April 29, 2008
My son has attended Coles now for two years, and is currently a third grader. I am very pleased with Coles in every respect. The teachers are great, and my son is having a wonderful year. We feel very fortunate to be connected with Coles, and could not ask for a better school for our third grader. Submitted by a parent

J. Ackerman Coles Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2007
Our child's experience at Coles in second grade has been a dramatic improvement over last year. With the benefit of hindsight, the issues we previously had with the school were probably teacher-specific. His current teacher, Ms. Gallagher, is new but energetic and up to the challenge of varying her day to day instruction to engage her students. We did place our 5 year old in kindergarten there as well and are very happy with his teacher, Ms. Mendenko, and the progress he has made. The kindergarten is half-day which is the perfect duration for him. All in all, Coles is living up to its reputation as a highly rated public school.

Posted September 05, 2006
Coles School gets our highest rating. The interaction between teachers, school staff and children is very warm and respectful. We love this school.

J. Ackerman Coles Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2006
My daughter went to this school for the 2004-2005 session (1st grade) in Mrs. Prato's class. I must say, I was very happy with the academics and the extra curricular activities at this school. Mrs. Parto is an excellent teacher, and I think most other teachers with whom I had an oppurtunity to interact are also very good. Overall , a good school.

Posted October 13, 2005
We have been so impressed with Coles School. Personal attention is given to students in a very warm and involved atmosphere.

J. Ackerman Coles Elementary School
16 Kevin Road, Scotch Plains, NJ  07076
Last modified J. Ackerman Coles Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. Ackerman Coles Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top