PK-4 & Ungraded
Scotch Plains, NJ

Posted March 11, 2013
We just moved to Fanwood from another country. My 5 year old daughter is attending their Kindergarten program and she have shown a lot improvements. The teachers and the principal are very supportive. My youngest child can't wait to join her sister in this school.

Posted June 14, 2011
My 2 older children went to McGinn and overall, we loved it- with some less-than-great experiences along the way: a short-lived principal who was less than impressive, a particular kindergarten teacher who was not well-suited for working with kids of that age, and some parent politics that I didn't much enjoy. Now my youngest is finishing kindergarten as the vibrant new principal, Dr. Slocum, finishes up her first year at the school. Wow! What a difference she has made. Dr. Slocum knew every kid's name the first week of school. She's always accessible, full of energy and enthusiasm, loved by kids, parents and teachers alike. I'll never forget hearing about how Dr. Slocum dressed as the Cat in the Hat and walked on the school roof to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday! What a contrast to the previous principal (whom many parents never even saw). Many fine teachers, lots of school spirit, a new chess program for 2nd and 3rd graders... I am very happy with the direction in which McGinn is going, and so glad my youngest will be able to benefit.

Posted May 11, 2010
McGinn has the most amazing teachers! They are committed and caring!

Posted January 16, 2007
My son went to this school and now is in 5th grade at Terril . He is so overly qualified for 5th, because he had such excellent and stimulating teachers at Mcginn. Ms.Cassidy the principal runs a fabulous school. She is extremely involved with all teachers and students. I am quite impressed with her. She runs the school like a private school. You cannot ask for a better elementry education then Mcginn.

William J. McGinn Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2006
Our 3rd Grade son loves McGinn. The Teachers are very involved and his progress has been fantastic. It seems to be a great school!

Posted April 27, 2006
I currently have 2 children at Mcginn. It is a very good school, with highly professional staff members. We have not been disappointed!

Posted February 23, 2004
You don't know quite how good you have it at one school until you move & are forced to try a different school! My kids are now at their 3rd elementary school and McGinn by far was the best. The dicipline was exceptional. Parent involvement controlled perfectly. Ellen Earl the greatest gift.

William J. McGinn Elementary School
1100 Roosevelt Avenue, Scotch Plains, NJ  07076
Last modified William J. McGinn Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William J. McGinn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top