Bad
Good

The school's number one concern is definitely not the students. Your kids are expected to transform into adults in the first year of being there, and for those who cannot make the jump, they are dismissed and forgotten about. The school has such a reputation to uphold, that kids are merely treated as a number, not as an individual student. Your home high school has more to offer than this campus ever will.

The school doesn't have a lot of room to grow. Despite reaching academic success, many of the students here socially regress because you don't experience any form of a normal high school experience. Although the social aspect is not what high school is all about, it does mean a great deal to an adolescent because these are the years that count in maturity and mental growth. As a teacher, I can say my students are highly intelligent, but don't have the means to apply what they learn here to the real world, and despite being college ready, will not have a pleasant experience becoming accustomed to what other students spent their high school career learning.

Don't send your children here. Kids suffer from anxiety & the school is more concerned with being #1. Teachers don't care & some shouldn't be teaching period. Kids should be encouraged to have a life but there's no time. I rate them an F!

I am a senior at this school and my experience there has been extraordinary. The choice between my town high school and this school was the best decision I have made so far. It has allowed me to expand my intellect, hone my social skills, and become a better academic overall. It is, has, and will be a great milestone in my life. From the close-knit society on campus to the amazing faculty, I could not have asked for more out of a high school. It is my last year here and it feels like I began no more than two days ago. What i like about the school the most is that the student body is very accepting and there are no cliques; everyone is friends which each other no matter what grade you're in, what town you're from, what ethnicity you behold, what color your skin possesses, what academy you go to on campus, what your personality is, and what you have done in the past. You enter the school with a clean slate and a once-in-a-lifetime chance to restart your academic career. There are no bad influences as well such as drugs and illegal activity due to the fact that all students accepted are educated and responsible. I encourage every parent with a child to have them go to this school.

I am in ninth grade at this school and it is an amazing school with no cliques and peer pressure and you don't need to worry about drugs and alcohol because everyone that is enrolled on campus are smart and responsible

My older son was a student at this school and in the 1st graduating class. I love what this school has to offer our children and I hope my younger son gets accepted.

Last modified Union County Vocational Technical School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.