6-8 & Ungraded
Sewell, NJ

Bunker Hill Middle School 1

Posted March 09, 2015
I am a Student at BHMS myself and i completely agree with the negative reviews. As a student there are many activities you can participate in. But you must have good grades such as straight A's to participate. Many clubs are only for well grounded children and they are the only ones who get praise for their efforts. It is extremely upsetting when they are the only ones who get praise for their work. one of my friends got a restricted for turning around to hand another student a paper they had dropped. of course there are subjects i am strong in and not so good in. the grades are very harsh and slow. Math and Science are a downfall for me. some people say this school is a role model. i am telling you as a student this school is horribly unsatisfying. the teachers may be nice and extremely caring but they are no joke when it comes to grades. you get what you get if you were absent they don't care and will not catch you up on the things you missed. they make you feel like it was your fault for being sick with the flu {for example}. the buses are horrendous! the children scream at the tops of their lungs and the bus driver tells them to stop and when they don't listen they turn it up

Bunker Hill Middle School 2

Posted December 11, 2014
My child complained about an issue within school several times and I was not contacted until my child chose to handle the situation personally.It was let get out of control to the point where my child's emotional well being and education suffered greatly.Accusations were made to others about my child by a member of the school faculty in regard to my child's well being at home and my child's physical appearance that were hurtful and untrue.A member of faculty made a comment to myself personally that I felt was also hurtful and untrue.My child was falling behind in classes and struggling with assignments and I was only contacted by one concerned teacher which was why I rated 2.My child has fallen so far behind that my child feels hopeless to catch up and has stopped trying.The kids have 9 periods in a day, switching classes every 42 minutes with a 20 minute break for lunch. Its a lot. I was not made aware by email or reached out to by any teachers in regard to parent teacher conferences in regard to my child.Which I wouldn't mind if she was doing better in her classes I am now reaching out to several resources to get help for my child and using the power schoo lwebsite.

Bunker Hill Middle School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
My daughter moved here in 8th grade from nearby Williamstown and has hated it ever since. They don't prepare students to be independent high schoolers by treating them like elementary schoolers by having to sit with homerooms during lunch, walking to lunch in a line, and only giving them fifteen minutes to eat. All but 2 of her teachers acted inappropriate and yelled at students for the pettiest of things and don't teach but rather make students watch YouTube and figure out the material on their own. PE grades unfairly which is discrimination against the kids who aren't athletes. Your child should definitely take music rather than exploratory because the drama teacher has a police officer attitude and gives your child an automatic "0" if they don't get an "A" on the assignment. There is also favoritism with the kids who have parents that grew up in TWP or know the teachers from outside of school. Bullying is also a huge problem. When my daughter had a problem, they told me it had to go to the BOE to meet criteria. No AP LA or World language. Principal is not involved at all. I moved to TWP because of everyone stating how good the schools were, but it is too overrated. Shameful!

Posted May 26, 2010
Bunker Hill Middle School is a a very good preparatory atmosphere for High School. Students attend 6th - 8th grade and are put into teams within particular regions of the building to segregate age. They move between class rooms as a high school student would. There are advanced placement classes for Math, Science and an especially competent Humanities class. The extra curricular activities and clubs that the student may join is quite extensive. The concert band which both of my children enjoyed is superb. Both children became members of the Roots & Shoots Club and a very active Environmental/recycling club that resulted in my home becoming an aggregation site for thousands of juice bag pouches, water bottle lids etc. As I type this due to conditioning from my daughter I'm drinking water from a Nalgene bottle to avoid adding any plastic water bottles to the environment. BHMS has made a difference.

Bunker Hill Middle School

Posted May 09, 2010
This school deserves NO stars. They deny good students the right to an education because they allow bad students (bullies) to roam the halls and busses with impunity. I am the parent of a bullied child in this school. I have met with various members of the administration over the couse of the year. We have provided names, dates, occurrances, etc. and STILL, nothing is being done. The administration at this school should all be terminated and new leaders brought in. New leadership that will adhere to the existing policy against bullying.

Posted March 03, 2010
Bunker Hill Middle School offers a great academic course, and the teachers are very helpful in their specific subjects. This wonderful gives numerous after school activities, and many different chances to thrive in a subject. The students here, and I all agree that this new school is the best it can be.

Posted November 03, 2009
The teachers, students, and parents all love what they do and strive to do their best. It is a pleasure to both work and teach there as I have done both.

Posted June 10, 2008
Great school, great staff, great and challenging teachers!

Posted March 25, 2008
I go to this school and when i first went there, I was new to Washington Township. I made a friends the first day! And now I have too many friends to count!!!

Posted April 09, 2007
I have an 8th grader at Bunker Hill this year and through all three years I have to say it was wonderful. There was only a couple teachers my child wasnt fond of but she made it through. She's involved in many after school activities and takes all the advanced classes. I've met with the principle and all her teachers and they all seemed very nice and helped her when she was stuggling. This school is a nice, healthy, clean enviornment. I'll be sad to see my kids move on to a different school.This school is just so wonderful.

Bunker Hill Middle School
372 Pitman Downer Rd, Sewell, NJ  08080
Last modified Bunker Hill Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bunker Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top