6-8 & Ungraded
Sewell, NJ

Bunker Hill Middle School 2

Posted December 11, 2014
My child complained about an issue within school several times and I was not contacted until my child chose to handle the situation personally.It was let get out of control to the point where my child's emotional well being and education suffered greatly.Accusations were made to others about my child by a member of the school faculty in regard to my child's well being at home and my child's physical appearance that were hurtful and untrue.A member of faculty made a comment to myself personally that I felt was also hurtful and untrue.My child was falling behind in classes and struggling with assignments and I was only contacted by one concerned teacher which was why I rated 2.My child has fallen so far behind that my child feels hopeless to catch up and has stopped trying.The kids have 9 periods in a day, switching classes every 42 minutes with a 20 minute break for lunch. Its a lot. I was not made aware by email or reached out to by any teachers in regard to parent teacher conferences in regard to my child.Which I wouldn't mind if she was doing better in her classes I am now reaching out to several resources to get help for my child and using the power schoo lwebsite.

Bunker Hill Middle School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
My daughter moved here in 8th grade from nearby Williamstown and has hated it ever since. They don't prepare students to be independent high schoolers by treating them like elementary schoolers by having to sit with homerooms during lunch, walking to lunch in a line, and only giving them fifteen minutes to eat. All but 2 of her teachers acted inappropriate and yelled at students for the pettiest of things and don't teach but rather make students watch YouTube and figure out the material on their own. PE grades unfairly which is discrimination against the kids who aren't athletes. Your child should definitely take music rather than exploratory because the drama teacher has a police officer attitude and gives your child an automatic "0" if they don't get an "A" on the assignment. There is also favoritism with the kids who have parents that grew up in TWP or know the teachers from outside of school. Bullying is also a huge problem. When my daughter had a problem, they told me it had to go to the BOE to meet criteria. No AP LA or World language. Principal is not involved at all. I moved to TWP because of everyone stating how good the schools were, but it is too overrated. Shameful!

Bunker Hill Middle School 0

Posted May 09, 2010
This school deserves NO stars. They deny good students the right to an education because they allow bad students (bullies) to roam the halls and busses with impunity. I am the parent of a bullied child in this school. I have met with various members of the administration over the couse of the year. We have provided names, dates, occurrances, etc. and STILL, nothing is being done. The administration at this school should all be terminated and new leaders brought in. New leadership that will adhere to the existing policy against bullying.

Posted March 03, 2010
Bunker Hill Middle School offers a great academic course, and the teachers are very helpful in their specific subjects. This wonderful gives numerous after school activities, and many different chances to thrive in a subject. The students here, and I all agree that this new school is the best it can be.

Posted November 03, 2009
The teachers, students, and parents all love what they do and strive to do their best. It is a pleasure to both work and teach there as I have done both.

Posted June 10, 2008
Great school, great staff, great and challenging teachers!

Posted March 25, 2008
I go to this school and when i first went there, I was new to Washington Township. I made a friends the first day! And now I have too many friends to count!!!

Posted April 09, 2007
I have an 8th grader at Bunker Hill this year and through all three years I have to say it was wonderful. There was only a couple teachers my child wasnt fond of but she made it through. She's involved in many after school activities and takes all the advanced classes. I've met with the principle and all her teachers and they all seemed very nice and helped her when she was stuggling. This school is a nice, healthy, clean enviornment. I'll be sad to see my kids move on to a different school.This school is just so wonderful.

Bunker Hill Middle School 3

Posted May 11, 2006

Bunker Hill Middle School 3

Posted September 14, 2005
Great 4 R's! Strong math base. The student/teacher ratio can be a little overwhelming. The music department needs to be developed especially the choral area which has little leadership.

Bunker Hill Middle School
372 Pitman Downer Rd, Sewell, NJ  08080
Last modified Bunker Hill Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bunker Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top