9-12 & Ungraded
Sewell, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,205

Posted December 08, 2013
My experience with GCIT is that you get out of it what you put into it like any high school. My allied health academy allowed me to take college level courses in chemistry, calculus, English, history and psychology as well as preparing me for my biochem major with college anatomy and physiology and other health related courses. The teachers were good and bad, but that's with any school. I graduated in the top 10% of my class which looks good to colleges. So those people complaining the classes were too easy are looking at it the wrong way or didn't take the college level courses that are available. Allied Health and Engineering classes are challenging but i would agree some of the honors courses could have been better. The fact that my college credits transferred to Rutgers was a huge plus and I felt prepared for college because obviously I did well in college level classes. Highly recommend if you are motivated and there to learn and not goof off. It's competitive to get in and if you find it's not for you, you can always transfer to your home school. Finally, I liked that it is set up like a college with block schedules and 2 semesters.

Gloucester Co Inst Tech 1

Posted May 30, 2013
My son is now at a 4 year institution and has not been well prepped by GCIT. They should not state that they prep students for higher learning. It's a vocational school and they are not getting the academics they need for higher learning like they would in regular high school. Do yourself a favor and consider this when sending your child there. You may think they are getting customized learning, but really, at 14 years old, do they REALLY know what they want to do when they grow up. Give them the academics they deserve at a regular high school.

Gloucester Co Inst Tech 1

Posted July 15, 2012
GCIT Allied Health: Most of the students were disrespectful and racist, especially a few of the teachers i've had in the past who were also extremely ignorant and uneducated towards someones religious beliefs and culture. The classes in the allied health program were extremely easy and all based on memorization rather than understanding the material. Earning a gpa of 3.5 or a above is definitely not a difficult task to achieve with little effort put in. This school has a below average curriculum for the students. Teachers are not up to par on their education. During my time here, one of my teachers constantly referred back to the teachers edition and re taught the material to herself if a student had a problem in a certain area. Most of the 4 yrs i've spent here has not prepared me in anything in college. My first year in college was horrendous because of the poor education i received in this institution while other students from good schooling systems were finding the material as a review from high school. Parents, do your kids a favor, move to an area with a good schooling system to help them benefit in the future.

Posted August 20, 2010
I really love going to GCIT! The Allied Health and Medical Sciences program really teaches me great skills, some of which my garndmother said she didn't learn until nursing school! Not to mention that I get tons of college credits for courses like Anatomy and Physiology, College Calculus, and much more. Also, beggining this year,all of my courses will become honors courses. The staff and students are all extremely nice and so far I have loved my GCIT experience!

Gloucester Co Inst Tech 2

Posted May 28, 2010
While I was attending, GCIT seemed like the perfect high school to be going to. I brought my blanket to school, sleep during a majority of my dance classes, and most of my academic classes were a joke (in addition: GCIT does not offer honors courses, only CP.) Of course, now that I look back on my time during those four years at GCIT, I realize I should have choosen to go to high school in the township in which I lived. I would have gotten a far better education.

Posted February 10, 2010

Gloucester Co Inst Tech
1360 Tanyard Road, Sewell, NJ  08080
Last modified Gloucester Co Inst Tech is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gloucester Co Inst Tech Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top