PK-3 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2015
I have to start by saying my son has been blessed with great teachers all 3 years he has attended this school. He went from not being able to write his name in kindergarten to writing full detailed paragraphs in 2nd grade. I can not express enough how wonderful and kind the teachers in this school are. BUT.. I thought the principal was terrible to deal with when faced with an issue, i was wrong. The assistant superintendent is by far the rudest person i have ever spoken to in my life. As a concerned parent about a student having numerous violent fits in my son's class (to the point where the class needed to be evacuated out of the classroom), the principal brushed it off several times. I was told that the children having to be evacuated 4 times in a 3 month period was not a big deal or a safety concern and it is completely normal for a child their age to throw violent fits. Then the assistant superintendent hung up on me without resolution of the issue because she no longer wanted to hear my concerns. Worst experience I've ever had dealing with someone who is supposed to be a professional. Needless to say i am not thrilled with the way the district handles.. or should i say fails to handle any concerns a parent may have about safety issues. It is not a shock to me to see that this district has terrible reviews due to administrative faults.

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School 2

Posted February 12, 2015
My youngest son is in this school currently. His teacher is about 17. She does not communicate with me. Instead of telling me my son had not handed in homework, she referred him to the child study team and failed to tell me. My 9 year old was in this school last year. I hated it. Instead of helping him with his learning, I was told he was in the "grey area" and they couldnt do anything for him. If your child has a "normal" name trust me they will be the oddball. I received my sons class picture and could not pronounce 90% of the names.

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2013
I have had 3 children attend School 3 and have been very pleased with the quality of their education. The teachers are fantastic - they genuinely care about their students and actively seek ways to encourage and engage them to bring out the potential in each child. There are several exciting assemblies and family night activities each year which my children really enjoy. Two of my children have been in the Gifted and Talented Program and I believe they do a great job of identifying students who would benefit from additional support on either end of the spectrum. Parental involvement is always appreciated and encouraged. My only complaint is the lack of a consistent and quality principal the past few years. Hopefully the current principal will commit to the school and its children as whole-heartedly as the teachers do.

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School

Posted September 10, 2008
This is my son's second year at school #3. I have found that although all the literature that is given out at the beginnng of school and Parent nites seem to encourage parent participation and involvement. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. My son is now in kindergarten, and has not developed the tough outer skin (so-to-speak) as other children at this school. The staff appears lazy and callous, and I am very frustrated with the staff at this school. I have spoken up and it appears that my child has been labeled because of my voiced concerns. I live in a nice community and most of the parents in my surrounding area have removed their children from this school for various reasons, to include quality of education. I have a child in middle school, soon to be entering highschool and one in highschool. I would do the same.

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2007
My child went to this school during the 05-06 school year. There were several teachers who always went above and beyond with the kids. However, the principal of the school at that time did not want to work with the parents of 'gifted' or above average children. It took my spouse and I several months to get our child enrolled in the Gifted class and just as long for the teachers to be allowed to have our child attend a higher grade class for one subject. They had to keep our child at the lower level for all other subjects. The principal was only set on 'not advancing students' no matter what the circumstances. It didn't seem to matter to her that the child was suffering grade wise in classes because of boredom and other issues associated with needing to be in a higher grade level.

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2006
the quality of academic programs was very good esp. while Dr. Alementi was the principal. She is now at the middle school and I am sure that she will improve that school too. Most the teachers that we had were great, there are some especially good teachers there that go above and beyone their jobs, esp. in the first grade. They are allowed to participate in chorus in 2nd grade and it is really good and the teacher is very good for this as well. They have a great gifted and talented teacher right now as well. Parental involvment could be improved.The new principal is somewhat standoffish and harder to get to know...so hard to evaluate, wish she was a little more approachable.

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2006
Principal is wonderful, teachers a great with the kids

Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School
131 Sicklerville Road, Sicklerville, NJ  08081
Last modified Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School is a Public school
Winslow Township School No. 3 Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top