Sicklerville, NJ

Posted August 21, 2014
Love this school! Teachers and staff are warm and helpful. My daughter is excelling and making many friends. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 07, 2014
This school has gone through several changes this year to enable it to provide an outstanding christian education. Our new principal is awesome, talented and caring. The staff is dedicated and gifted in their abilities to teach and nurture the students. If you are looking for a quality education at an affordable rate South Jersey Christian Academy would be a great choice. It is never too late to provide your child with the proper values and education that will help them to succeed. Ask our parents. Stop by and check us out. You will be glad you did.

Posted May 30, 2014
I have twin boys attending this school and my husband and I are in the process of enrolling our youngest boy this September.. My twins are learning above public school educational material, core values on human respect and Christian morals. Their grades are excellent and they love this school. My son said finally!! I feel like I matter and fit in.. Wild kids are not tolerated at this school and the staff work with the children to obtain the respect that everyone has for one another. The work at this school is not easy and the children and teachers get the job done. Winslow's public schools cannot compare to SJCA at all. I had my twins in the public school system and removed them for the lack of work, responsibilities of the principal and some teachers were even down right mean and nasty. I will never send my children to another Winslow public school ever again.. I rather pay SJCA to keep my kids safe and teach them so I can breathe in peace.. Thanks SJCA family!! We love u and keep up the great work!!

Posted January 11, 2014
I'm very DISAPPOINTED to here of the situations that have been brought to my attention as a parent of children that attend SJCA. I have to admit that this comes to me as a surprise. My children have been attending this school for several years and I have had nothing to say but good things about their teachers. Hopefully, some changes will be made so I can continue so send my children where they love to be.

Posted October 21, 2013
Communication, Communication, Communication. This is the one element that is sorely lacking at the South Jersey Christian Academy. Parents are never notified in a timely manner concerning any problems that may arise concerning the curriculum and/or disciplinary actions toward the child. Those that are in charge will often give the excuse that they were too busy or understaffed to contact you. My advice, avoid this school only if you wish to remain blind and out of the loop as to your child s activities. Remember that favoritism will be obliged toward those students whose parents actually work or volunteer at this school. The rule book that they hold so dear changes daily and is never adhered to - so watch out for that. This is not to say that all teachers are like this in this school. Some are very pleasant and know that their school has a serious problem of hypocrisy.

Posted September 15, 2011
I love this school and so does my child. I wouldn't think of sending my child to any other school. The academic program is awesome. The supplemental subjects are fantastic and fun for the kids. Many of the teachers have master degrees and are very experienced. I love the communication from the administration and teachers. The classes are kept small so that the kids can really learn and be nurtured. This school has an excellent reputation and I can see why. I can only hope that this school will continue on and add high school in the future. Each year this school seems to continue to add to its program to make the school better. As the public schools and even private schools are taking things away from the students, this school seems to continually add. I hope this school can keep its tuition low so that I can keep my child there. The students don't wear uniforms but they always appear to be dressed in good taste. The school does not allow disrespect by the students to any one or bullying of any kind. Students are taught values that they will use the rest of their lives. When you walk into this school you can see the dedication of the teachers and feel the love.

Posted August 20, 2010
South Jersey Christian Academy did not participate in NJ Ask testing for the 2009/2010 school year. No computers for the students. One teacher refused to email my child's daily assignments. I never got a phone call from a teacher. Teachers do not take lunch count. Parents should keep records for when the monthly bill comes in. I recommend having an adult witness when talking to a staff member. The school makes up their own disciplinary action on the day it happens. Teaching Karate in a Christian school is not a good idea. It teaches violence.

Posted August 11, 2010
In reading the other reviews of SJCA I feel like I'm reading about a different school. The school has a blend of both young and "seasoned" educators. Most importantly, the faculty ENJOY teaching and specifically enjoy teaching in the SJCA environment. The curriculum is based on children truly understanding the core of education....reading and math. From there, the curriculum grows in both depth and faith. In response to the review about their child not being prepared to compete in public school, you're correct, your child isn't being educated at the public school level; at SJCA he's being over-educated and could possibly be bored in class if attending the Winslow system. In response to other reviews where parents didn't feel informed, I'm baffled. Students are sent home with annual calendars, montly calendars, monthly lunch options, agenda books, and most importantly weekly HOMEWORK requirements. BE INVOLVED!

Posted June 16, 2010
My son attended Pre-K this year and the communication was horrible. Example would be, sight words were given out and we were totally unaware of this until the second group of sight words were given to the children. Mother's Day lunch, I had no idea and my son was upset that I didn't attend. I found one of his Pre-K teachers/helper to be rude and abrasive the several times I had contact with her.. Events and parties were cookie cutter style and frankly boring. The after school care teachers were great. Overall I felt that the Goddard School he attended prior was far superior, but lacked the religious aspect. In my opinion this school has a long way to go in their growth process before they become a high quality educational facility.

Posted March 09, 2010
My child currently attends SJCA and loves it, however I am concerned about the curriculum. Does the school follow the same guidelines as a public school. When my child leaves SJCA and enrolls into a public high school system will they be behind. I would like a more detailed outline of what they are going to be learning for that specific year, not on a month to month basis. Overall I wish the best to the SJCA...I think it will be a great school as soon as they get all the kinks out.

South Jersey Christian Academy
406 Church Road, Sicklerville, NJ  08081
Last modified South Jersey Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
South Jersey Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top